UK Full National Lockdown Imminent?

Once this month lockdown ends, surely everyone just goes out even more to do their Christmas shopping making towns even more busier, meaning we will just be back to square one

A big decision to make at the end of the month - keep shops shut and deprive them of their Christmas trade and put many out of business, or open the floodgates and have people mixing en masse.

How long can the government allow the furlough scheme to continue, I agree, this won't be the last lockdown that we see.

Weasel Groves has said likely lockdown will go on past 2nd December.

This is the norm as a vaccine is unlikely to ever come and be successful.

They cant sustain keeping kids off as parents have to be off to look after them.

But what is the answer who knows.

I know me and my partner are bricking it. No savings and what we did as got used last lockdown were kids were off it ruined us. We both work full time but had to swap shifts etc. Which my boss soon become a coont about.

I know for a fact now xmas is gonna be a struggle. And if kids are off once more were ruined.

I cant afford to be off work. I'm on my 4th year of working without a sick day. Because I know one small blip on crap wages is enough to send us over the edge.

I'm afraid next time the kids are off that's it for us. Meh

Lockdown easing from tomorrow
I have a few plans...
Going to my local cafe in the morning for a big brekky.
I used to go about once a month for the full monty, two of everything and a mug of tea.
They have outside seating.
From there I'm going to a couple of garden centres to have a butcher's at what to get for my planters and borders etc.
Then to bookies for a flutter, probably have a few accas on horses and footy and I'll try a tenner in the machines while I'm there.
Tomorrow night I'm going for a few pints, hopefully paid for by Will I am Hill

Lockdown easing from tomorrow
I have a few plans...
Going to my local cafe in the morning for a big brekky.
I used to go about once a month for the full monty, two of everything and a mug of tea.
They have outside seating.
From there I'm going to a couple of garden centres to have a butcher's at what to get for my planters and borders etc.
Then to bookies for a flutter, probably have a few accas on horses and footy and I'll try a tenner in the machines while I'm there.
Tomorrow night I'm going for a few pints, hopefully paid for by Will I am Hill

Very well worked out day planned mate.

Don't get too drunk :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Let's hope with lockdown ending and restrictions being more or less finished we won't have to experience it again.

Very well worked out day planned mate.

Don't get too drunk :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Let's hope with lockdown ending and restrictions being more or less finished we won't have to experience it again.
I've been to B&Q and a few other places that stayed open but their choices of plants etc are very limited and overpriced so looking forward to pottering about in proper GC.
Only going the cafe in order to support local business, being a greedy b*****d doesn't come into it.
Won't be getting drunk, probably only have 3 or 4 drinks, just meeting up with a few family members for a chinwag

I've been to B&Q and a few other places that stayed open but their choices of plants etc are very limited and overpriced so looking forward to pottering about in proper GC.
Only going the cafe in order to support local business, being a greedy b*****d doesn't come into it.
Won't be getting drunk, probably only have 3 or 4 drinks, just meeting up with a few family members for a chinwag

That sounds good mate. Lets hope things continue to move forward to a "new normal"

I would agree proper garden centres are the best. Went to a few before lockdown and have to say Webbs is really good and have huge selection of plants etc. Got few for my mom for her birthday and she really liked it so was happy with it myself tbh.

Sink or swim for a lot of businesses from today, time to find out if people will go back to their old spending habits or if they've learned to live without many of the so called non-essential businesses.

We haver a biggish garden centre a few miles away and the price of plants is and always has been expensive for what they are.
Directly behind this is a nursery where the plants are miles cheaper, better quality and they have massive stocks.
It's a no brainer, but only if you know about it :sneaky:

It's looking likely the June restrictions which they were hoping to remove seems it will be carrying on with numerous cases now regarding the Indian variant.

Instead of putting India on the red list when they should have they delayed the decision and allowed people from there just to come straight from there without quarantining at hotels on arrival.

Cases now showing for this variant is gonna put everything back on the back burner again.

It's looking likely the June restrictions which they were hoping to remove seems it will be carrying on with numerous cases now regarding the Indian variant.

Instead of putting India on the red list when they should have they delayed the decision and allowed people from there just to come straight from there without quarantining at hotels on arrival.

Cases now showing for this variant is gonna put everything back on the back burner again.
We will still come out of lockdown it's the covid hotpots that will be put in lockdown Bolton ect

I don't give a crap as long as pubs reopen on Monday :mask::cautious:

I thought they were open or do you mean drinking inside?

Cases seem under control but they saying Indian variant could cause chaos hope not.

They seriously can't afford to go into another lockdown or put more stricter restrictions in place.

We will still come out of lockdown it's the covid hotpots that will be put in lockdown Bolton ect

Ye possibly.

But if it ends spreading all across the UK which is very possible then nationwide lockdown could come into effect.

They have stay on top of it and not make more stupid decisions with delaying adding countries to the red list.

I thought they were open or do you mean drinking inside?

Cases seem under control but they saying Indian variant could cause chaos hope not.

They seriously can't afford to go into another lockdown or put more stricter restrictions in place.
They're open but only for outside drinks etc.
Not much fun when its raining.
Not been for a pint since last year.

The government knew about India's rising cases since February but did nothing about it, they were wanting to agree a trade deal with India worth £billions.
Once that was negotiated and settled then we brought in ' light restrictions' on travelers coming from India, then a full month after that, the proper restrictions we have in place now.
Almost 6 weeks passed by with tens of thousands of (possibly) infected people flying back and forth

They're open but only for outside drinks etc.
Not much fun when its raining.
Not been for a pint since last year.

The government knew about India's rising cases since February but did nothing about it, they were wanting to agree a trade deal with India worth £billions.
Once that was negotiated and settled then we brought in ' light restrictions' on travelers coming from India, then a full month after that, the proper restrictions we have in place now.
Almost 6 weeks passed by with tens of thousands of (possibly) infected people flying back and forth

Thought you would have gone for a drink even sitting outside lol.

That's what I was getting at mate. Trade deal and huge money they get from India is why they purposely delayed adding them to the red list. Other countries that were not as bad were added to red list yet India wasn't lol. Money talks.

You can cancel the 21st of June, the day of freedom. This Indian variant has now been detected in 86 local authorities and spreading at the rate of knots.

Get ready for some more lockdown time

You can cancel the 21st of June, the day of freedom. This Indian variant has now been detected in 86 local authorities and spreading at the rate of knots.

Get ready for some more lockdown time
But there saying the vaccines are 97% good enough to stop the spread

Back