UK user - is it worth bothering with any satellites other than 28.2e?

Hi,

I have spent some time fiddling with my setup and I have just bought a Digibit R1 SAT>IP Server, which means that I now have four DVB-S2 tuners to play with. I record everything to a Linux-based server, running TVHeadend.

I was just going to link all four feeds up to the quad LNB on my minidish (pointed at 28.2e) but wondered whether there would be any point in looking at any of the other available satellites.

I was just looking at the various options and note that I could add a second satellite dish, upgrade the current dish and put a second lnb on or even add a second motorised dish.

Ultimately, are there any additional satellites out there that would make it worth it?

By way of background, no-one in my house really watches sport.

Thank you - is there much to watch on 19e?

I do speak some German, but am not, by any means fluent (though having some German channels might help).

I know that the Germans tend to dub their TV rather than use subtitles (where applicable) - do any of the broadcasts provide the original soundtrack in English?

This is really encouraging stuff - think I may well consider other satellites after all.

Is 19.2e the only other satellite worth considering or are there others?

If there are others (and depending on how many), I might go down the route of a second motorised dish.

On 19.2 you have movie channels on sky Germany with English audio You will need European server to open these channels A lot good H.D channels to view

On 19.2 you have movie channels on sky Germany with English audio You will need European server to open these channels A lot good H.D channels to view

Unfortunately, I think I shall have to keep to FTA channels only, given my particular setup.

I have heard that it is just about possible to add a USB CI and CAM to a server and then use Oscam to uncrypt the signal - however, it is apparently very hit and miss.

Not a problem - I fully expected to be getting FTA only, anyway.

The opportunity for some paid TV would only have been a bonus.

Is anyone familiar enough with the Digibit R1 to know whether it is capable of controlling a motorised dish?

It sounds like you receiver takes the satellite feeds and then turns them into a signal that is sent over lan/wan around the house. You say that you use tvheadend to record to a linux server but a quick google shows that tvheadend can be configured with oscam. This would then allow you to take those signals that are not fta to be decripted and either watched them with tvheadend or maybe for you to record to your linux server. A quick google search showed this up.

https://tvheadend.org/boards/13/topics/13301

Hi. Speaking as a relative novice I decided to tune into 19.2 and can say that I am very happy with quality and variety of channels available. I gave tuned in only the hd channels and so far it is worth the time try it.

Hi. Speaking as a relative novice I decided to tune into 19.2 and can say that I am very happy with quality and variety of channels available. I gave tuned in only the hd channels and so far it is worth the time try it.
do you have a eurosub.?
if not, its well worth it

How much is a euro sub?
Do I just buy another lnb on a rail and set it to 19 and leave my sky one as Is?
Sorry for the questions complete newbie at this

No need to move the dish, put another lnb next to the sky one, to the right as you look at the dish face. Ask for a sub in the relevant section

Back