Ultimo - Is this the right thing to do?

Early days for me. Want to get into this hobby fully.

I've currently got a Sky oval dish with a standard quad LNB.

Initially, to keep it fairly simple, If I was to connect all 4 cables to a VU+ Ultimo4k box, (2 twin tuners giving 4 physical connections) will I be able to :
1. Record 4 channels at the same time and watch another recording?
Record 3 channels at the same time and watch another live channel? Etc etc...
2. Would need a seven day EPG available and series link recording?
3. What do I need to be able to watch the box output on a non smart TV in another room.

I've flagged this particular box for expansion and future proofing as I get more "into" it.
Will also need to be user friendly after set up otherwise Megan will make me sleep in the east wing by myself again :worried:

Would this be the right box to choose for what I want to achieve?
Hopefully this is a fairly simple set up to start with.

Thanks
Harry

You can do all of the above with the setup you describe.
EPG Importer is fine for EPG.
View from another receiver using client mode on ViX or there is a plugin for ATV. (Will use a free tuner).

If you upgrade to a unicable ll lnb, you will be able to record many more channels at once.

Thanks coming back.
So what equipment would I need for the "dumb" TV, and will I be able to control the box from the other room?

That is the best box by a mile running enigma 2 via satellite for multiple recordings and i mean by a mile.I run a quad xtrend et 8500 and does not even come close. Go motorised dish to and you will have a beast of a setup (y) Need to get a euro line to clear those channels but that is easily come by.

Thanks coming back.
So what equipment would I need for the "dumb" TV, and will I be able to control the box from the other room?

Any cheap enigma2 box will do. It will import EPG from the main box and you can just use it the same as the main box.
You just need a decent ethernet connection - hard wired or homeplugs.

Back