Unable to find any Channels even after new installation!

Nads

Hi,

Ive been using the free sky channels with the ZGemma H2S box for my parents for many years now.

I installed iPabTV a while back, originally then we had a CAM line which finished and parents continued to use the free channels on Sky.

The zGemma box has the two sky cables going to the back of the box. It also has a Network cable connected to the internet.

However, a few days ago all the channels disappeared and stopped working. I have been trying to fix this and have been unable to :(

I went online to get a new image to flash the box with and saw that iPAB is not available anymore and same with Wooshbuild, then I found Grogbuild.

I Installed Grogbuild but im not getting any channels still showing up on the box?! Any idea what might be wrong with either my box, sky or something else?

The Tuner keeps failing and not able to find any channels!

Any questions please ask.

What have you set tuner A as?
What have you set Tuner B as?

How are you scanning? Are you scanning using a plugin or using the scan facility in enigma2?
If you are using the enigma2 scanning, please post a screenshot of the settings you are using so we are on the same page. Sometimes people select a single transponder scan. You should be scanning using: Manual, single satellite.
manual scan.jpg

If you are using a plugin, which one is it? AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) or AutoBouquets 28.2E (AB 28.2)? Do you get any errors when these plugins run? What options do you use?

Also, if PSU has become faulty ( cannot supply enough current for the tuner) , your box will not scan or tune.

Last edited:
iPabTV a while back?
iPabTV?
View attachment 85142

You need to flash the box with a normal image ASAP and I mean image, not a build, Ipab was abandoned about 7 years ago and it was useless three years before that.
My parents box was using it for many years for free sky channels without any issues! It only stopped working last week and I’m not sure why!!

As I said I’m my original post I already installed grogbuild and that was after first flashing the latest openatv 7.x with usb drive.

But that still hasn’t fixed my channels issue

What have you set tuner A as?
What have you set Tuner B as?

How are you scanning? Are you scanning using a plugin or using the scan facility in enigma2?
If you are using the enigma2 scanning, please post a screenshot of the settings you are using so we are on the same page. Sometimes people select a single transponder scan. You should be scanning using: Manual, single satellite.
View attachment 85141

If you are using a plugin, which one is it? AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM) or AutoBouquets 28.2E (AB 28.2)? Do you get any errors when these plugins run? What options do you use?

Also, if PSU has become faulty ( cannot supply enough current for the tuner) , your box will not scan or tune.
When I setup through the wizard for the grogbuild installation I just picked everything for London! I don’t think I set anything manually on the tuner, I’m not using any plugins apart from if any came with the build by default, there was one I installed for IPTV during grogbuild installation but I don’t know how to activate that and IPTV channels.

I don’t see any errors.I think I did try auto scan and I can’t remember if I tried manual scan, I can try that next time I go around?

It could be the box has become faulty, how would I know it’s the psu that’s become faulty? Because everything else seems to be okay turning the device on! I also thought at first that it might be the sky aerial cables but it’s not as I tried the original sky box from another room and they at worked fine with these same cables.

It is a process of elimination. The tuner is the most power hungry component. If you can try another 12V power supply, that rules that out.

Another weird LNB fault is that there are issues when two receivers are connected to the LNB. Disconnecting the other receiver from the electrical al supply, not just standby, will test that fault.

Back