Unable to install IPK file

dt99

TK Veteran
Flashed my F1 box with the latest Openvix 5.1.013 My IPTV provider has an ipk file for their plugin, but no matter what I do, the IPK file will not install. I have tried to install it using numerous USB sticks and I have also used Filezilla to send it to /tmp, but I just get an error when trying to install it.

Spoke to my provider and his response was, flash IPAB!!!!

moshibeth

TK Veteran
Flashed my F1 box with the latest Openvix 5.1.013 My IPTV provider has an ipk file for their plugin, but no matter what I do, the IPK file will not install. I have tried to install it using numerous USB sticks and I have also used Filezilla to send it to /tmp, but I just get an error when trying to install it.

Spoke to my provider and his response was, flash IPAB!!!!
Thats a reseller your using,Is it for xtreamtv app

dt99

TK Veteran
It's a reseller, but I'm not using xtreamapp, I think it's a version of e2mubouquet or whatever it's called. Sorted it now, using the suggestion that Willo3092 gave, thanks again.

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Hi thanks for the possible solution , how do you copy the extracted files across though ? , the folders already exist in the root .
Thanks
Mike
Overwrite them.
If the files already exist then the plugin is already installed.

mhallesy

Registered
Overwrite them.
If the files already exist then the plugin is already installed.
Thanks for the quick reply , I didn't make myself clear , for example the folders etc and enigma2 already exist on root , my guess is that if I overwrite say , etc on root with etc from the extracted file then it will delete all other files in etc on the root , is this not the case ?
Thanks again
Mike

mhallesy

Registered
Thanks for the quick reply , I didn't make myself clear , for example the folders etc and enigma2 already exist on root , my guess is that if I overwrite say , etc on root with etc from the extracted file then it will delete all other files in etc on the root , is this not the case ?
Thanks again
Mike

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
No, it will only add the extra files contained in them or overwrite them if they already exist

mhallesy

Registered
Still can't believe how you managed to sort that problem out , just re-used it on another zgemma with the same success. My compliments and gratitude !
Mike