Unable to use plugin download when using WLAN

norb

I just reimaged my Zgemma H9S with latest OpenVix (5.4.008), configured network (wired first) and everything was working. Now switched to WLAN and the box refuses to Download either plugins or updates. Strange thing, network test onboard works and even if I SSH into box and ping both ip's or names just to make sure, it responds with no problem.
As anyone seen this issue?

Attachments

• net test.jpg
    net test.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 8
  • plugin freezed.jpg
    plugin freezed.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 8
I just reimaged my Zgemma H9S with latest OpenVix (5.4.008), configured network (wired first) and everything was working. Now switched to WLAN and the box refuses to Download either plugins or updates. Strange thing, network test onboard works and even if I SSH into box and ping both ip's or names just to make sure, it responds with no problem.
As anyone seen this issue?
Feeds maybe down at the moment

i don't know im on openatv try pluging ethernet cable back in an see it its working
That's really weird, I can tell by ping response that the wlan is strtuggling considering is just next to the wifi access point and even stranger is that now in ftp I am getting access denied but I can still connect in SSH and browse the directories. I have enabled debug logging but without filezilla or winscp able to connect I cant see the logs and in ssh (I dont know the command to copy the log files to my samba share on the network. Do you know? I will later try again with LAN but I am guessing it will work as was just working before switching to WLAN.

That's really weird, I can tell by ping response that the wlan is strtuggling considering is just next to the wifi access point and even stranger is that now in ftp I am getting access denied but I can still connect in SSH and browse the directories. I have enabled debug logging but without filezilla or winscp able to connect I cant see the logs and in ssh (I dont know the command to copy the log files to my samba share on the network. Do you know? I will later try again with LAN but I am guessing it will work as was just working before switching to WLAN.
Leave it hard wired if its working that way

Leave it hard wired if its working that way
It does but the wifi would have made it easier for cable managment, strange thing is that is not just wifi related it makes ftp/scp asking for password when there isn't one set and I can get in via SSH without problem. Ping when in WLAN is really scarse. I might try OpenATV again or another image and see if WLAN behaves in the same way. Thanks for now and to all for the replies so far, I really appreciate.

Can you use TP link plugs instead
I have some but the way I setup the all thing with an access point near the table in the kitchen and a wire for the laptop was to actually get rid of as many of the powerline adapters or at least in the kicthen. I ended up using a wire extended to the kitchen as I use an online jamming app which suffers from latency when using powerline so I decided to extend a wire from the front of the flat to the back in the kitchen. After doing this, the last thing I wont to do is to have powerline also if you know what I mean. The screen and the stb on the other end are out of reach of the AP so I cant use it's network ports without laying another cable in the middle of the room.

@norb , I just changed from tp-link powerlines to
TP-Link Deco M4 AC1200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi Twin Pack £89.99 from argos my phone connection has gone from 16mbps to 42mbps upstairs. each unit also has two ethernet ports.

I don't normally complain about those as bandwidth is not affected, I still get the same speed result almost as when I use ethernet but is just that an app I use is very sensitive to latency, powerlines do affect latency and causing sometime packet drops which you wont notice with web browsing or by streaming a movie but with realtime apps it does.

Back