Unable to view Photos but can view Videos on Panny tv

grouser

I'm hoping for a push in the right direction with the problem I am having.I have a PannyTX40EX700 smart tv using the Network link I am able to view the videos stored on my windows 10 desktop,but unable to view any photographs that are stored on the same computer,my computer sees the tv and I have the MAC code for the computer stored in my tv network links settings, and I get a drop down listing Folders,pictures,time taken etc.but every time I click on folders I get "Cannot connect to the selected DLNA Server Please check the network connection and the server status"surely if I can view videos I must be connected to the server any help would be gratefully received..Tony

Maybe the videos folder is shared but the pictures folder is not. Move a picture into the videos folder and see if it becomes accessible. If so, you'll need to share the pictures folder the way the videos one is.

First thing I tried,it sees the folder but wont open with the statement"Cannot connect to the selected server" etc, I also have a Panny PVR and that shows the same statement and I can watch videos but get the same message when I try to open pictures:mad:

Maybe the videos folder is shared but the pictures folder is not. Move a picture into the videos folder and see if it becomes accessible. If so, you'll need to share the pictures folder the way the videos one is.
Thanks for your input I went down the Homegroup path only to find a Microsoft/ Panasonic Dead End,it would appear that because I have Windows 10 (1803 build ) the Homegroup option was removed but I can use "File sharing instead" Great thought I, so off I go carefully following instructions only to hit a wall as the server link they give which I need to enter in the network section of TV File Sharing section requires like all https addresses require a colon : and what is missing from the panny key pad Yup a colon,so I don't now know if that would have solved my problem or not and somehow I can't see Panasonic changing a keypad layout in the near future with updates,

Sorted just had to click on File Share(Thanks to my 10 year old Grandson) ruddy smart ar*e kids lol

Back