Unlock iPhone 4s

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

I have done a bit of research but can't really find anything that works. Lots of fake info out there.

My daughter has a pay as you go iPhone 4s locked to O2 network.

It is over 12 months old so I believe O2 will unlock it for £15 and it takes about a week to update through Itunes.

She wants a pay monthly sim on another network as she says it will be cheaper than buying top ups.

Is there any way to unlock these phones for free so I can just swap the sims in the phone ?

What baseband is it? I have unlocked many iphones but new firmware updates the basebands so sometimes they are impossible unless you pay the £15. When I know the baseband I will have a look for you

---------- Post Merged at 06:33 PM ----------

also the firmware version as well please

What ios(firmware) is it running? what are you going to use while jailbreaking? ie mac, or PC?

Will jail breaking work ? I can use a PC with windows 7 to jailbreak.
I know how to do that, but i thought unlocking from a network
was different. From what I have read you can't log onto wifi in the house for example,
don't know if that is correct or not.

The Ios version is 5.0.02

Not sure how to get the baseband

Last edited:
Jailbreak will not unlock it. Jailbreak is different to sim unlock. You do need to jailbreak it to get certain unlocks though. Settings > General > About > Modem firmware (baseband) tell me the modem number and will have a look for you

Yeah thanks, sim unlock is different from jailbreak is what I have been reading.

Pressing modem firmware doesn't bring up any other info though

Any ideas ?

Do I need to jailbreak it first ?

The £15 isn't a deal breaker I just like to tinker lol

Last edited:
What is your firmware version, it should be the number next to VERSION in the same menu as the Modem Firmware and will be something like 8.1.2

Unfortunately Bees it can't be done for free. The only options available are through O2 or unlock service (here, but think is the same price as O2) or using the Gevey Sim, which is very fiddly and awkward and probably the same price. You probably know how to jailbreak already, but if you need help with that after it is unlocked then let me know. Download App Cake for all your free apps and go here for your cydia repos to get cracked versions of the cydia apps lol

Thanks for your time mate,

I guess I may as well pay O2 the £15 and have no hassle.

Just thought it was worth asking (y)

Back