Uno 4k nameserver resetting

Hi,

I keep updating my DNS nameservers to the google ones (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Every time it works fine, but then after a reboot, it loses the settings.

Any ideas on this, or any hints where to change this on a file by FTP?

Many thanks

Edit the file: /etc/resolv.conf to be:
Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
Reboot your box, see if it persists. If it does, your done.

If it doesn't then the O/S is running an internal DNS manager that is overriding resolv.conf. Follow these steps:

1. Login to OpenWebif (http://ip.address.of.device)
2. On the left side menu, select "Box Info"
3. At the bottom, find the "Network Interface", mine is eth0 and your's probably is too, but it might be eth1 or wlan0.
4. Open up /etc/network/interfaces
5. Look for the iface line with the correct interface (eth0 for me)
6. Add a new line directly after that, and enter "dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4" so it looks like this:
Code:
iface eth0 inet dhcp
    dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
7. Save & Reboot box, hopefully that does it.

Edit the file: /etc/resolv.conf to be:
Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
Reboot your box, see if it persists. If it does, your done.

If it doesn't then the O/S is running an internal DNS manager that is overriding resolv.conf. Follow these steps:

1. Login to OpenWebif (http://ip.address.of.device)
2. On the left side menu, select "Box Info"
3. At the bottom, find the "Network Interface", mine is eth0 and your's probably is too, but it might be eth1 or wlan0.
4. Open up /etc/network/interfaces
5. Look for the iface line with the correct interface (eth0 for me)
6. Add a new line directly after that, and enter "dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4" so it looks like this:
Code:
iface eth0 inet dhcp
    dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
7. Save & Reboot box, hopefully that does it.

being trying to do the same recently,; but looks like /etc/network/interface is getting overridden /recreated by another dns process i guess (as it replaces anyone with additional dns names that i place in there, the nwely created /etc/betwork/interface file always has "created by enigma2 at the top , the usual setup; loopback and ethx on dhcp)

I dunno if this is some dnsresolve thing i haven't understood , just asking if anybody's tried this recently ??, for reference i'm on atv 6.4 and a vusolo2

in grogbuild freerange I do the following during setup,

open /etc/udhcpc.d/50default in a text editor and scroll down towards the bottom and look for the lines:

if [ -x /sbin/resolvconf ]; then
echo -n "$R" | /sbin/resolvconf -a "${interface}.udhcpc"
else
echo -n "$R" > "$RESOLV_CONF"
fi

and comment them all out by putting a # at the beginning of each line so they end up like:

# if [ -x /sbin/resolvconf ]; then
# echo -n "$R" | /sbin/resolvconf -a "${interface}.udhcpc"
# else
# echo -n "$R" > "$RESOLV_CONF"
# fi

Save the file and reboot the box. Now you may have to reset the nameservers again but once set they should remain set.

in grogbuild freerange I do the following during setup,

open /etc/udhcpc.d/50default in a text editor and scroll down towards the bottom and look for the lines:

and comment them all out by putting a # at the beginning of each line so they end up like:

Save the file and reboot the box. Now you may have to reset the nameservers again but once set they should remain set.

Back