Uno 4k SE cam struggle, no fta.....

Wayno66

Im not sure what i am doing wrong, i feel like i have been googling for weeks, and i am starting to wear my fingers down, i am new to all this but not a complete fool, i hope.
Im sure i have tried a fair few combinations of things and nothing seems to be working out for me, i feel i am pretty close but cant quite get there and im not sure where to turn now.
Uno 4k se
openvix 5.2.001
tried oscam-latest? which seems to be ok apart from not picking up ch'.

i feel if i can sort out the fta viewing out it will open the door for me in other places. I can only see channels bbc1,2 itv, ch4 and ch5, i can see prog info for everything else but black sreen.

Not completely sure how to ask or what info you need so hit me with it!!, any help would be very very appreciated guys. Cheers and apologies for newbness, im doing my best.

Last edited:
I gather You are trying to set up for cable?
If so, the fact that you have 1-5 channels means that the cabling into the box is correct, what is going wrong is your line.
Did you get your line in a file from your provider, or in text version and you had to make your own oscam ?
You possibly have it (the oscam file) slightly wrong, ask your provider
A. Can he supply you with the file
B. Can his line be used with oscam format.

I don't know this box specifically, but is there a particular reason why you are trying to use oscam? Can the box only use oscam?
If it can use other cams, why not try using mgcam or cccam - If you can get channels this way, it points the finger squarely at the oscam file you are trying to use.

Oscam is an oddly difficult form to use, in my case I initially got it to work no problem until my provider did a runner and I had to change providers. I then couldn't, and still can't, get oscam to work.
I just went with mgcam, and bingo, I have all the channels.

Have you entered you line details into Oscam? If so I would log into the Oscam webif on a laptop/tablet and have a look at the live log that will tell you what’s going on. Presumably you are able to watch channels 1-5 on the box ok if not then your signal is the issue, you won’t get any other fta channels unlike satellite.

Im not sure what i am doing wrong, i feel like i have been googling for weeks, and i am starting to wear my fingers down, i am new to all this but not a complete fool, i hope.
Im sure i have tried a fair few combinations of things and nothing seems to be working out for me, i feel i am pretty close but cant quite get there and im not sure where to turn now.
Uno 4k se
openvix 5.2.001
tried oscam-latest? which seems to be ok apart from not picking up ch'.

i feel if i can sort out the fta viewing out it will open the door for me in other places. I can only see channels bbc1,2 itv, ch4 and ch5, i can see prog info for everything else but black sreen.

Not completely sure how to ask or what info you need so hit me with it!!, any help would be very very appreciated guys. Cheers and apologies for newbness, im doing my best.

Download the 'softcams and lines' download and read it through, it contains everything you need and need to know, with oscam softcams and server files for you to edit and add your own details in.
also make sure your line is still live, test lines only last 24h from creation, request a new one in the request threads if you need one

I gather You are trying to set up for cable?
If so, the fact that you have 1-5 channels means that the cabling into the box is correct, what is going wrong is your line.
Did you get your line in a file from your provider, or in text version and you had to make your own oscam ?
You possibly have it (the oscam file) slightly wrong, ask your provider
A. Can he supply you with the file
B. Can his line be used with oscam format.

I don't know this box specifically, but is there a particular reason why you are trying to use oscam? Can the box only use oscam?
If it can use other cams, why not try using mgcam or cccam - If you can get channels this way, it points the finger squarely at the oscam file you are trying to use.

Oscam is an oddly difficult form to use, in my case I initially got it to work no problem until my provider did a runner and I had to change providers. I then couldn't, and still can't, get oscam to work.
I just went with mgcam, and bingo, I have all the channels.

Thanks for the reply. Yes for cable. I was sent the line by the provider, inserted into tuxbox/config - .server and .conf folders. I have tried mgcamd and i could not get it to start/run at all. I havent tried ccam, believe i would need 2.3.2 to work on this box?. I have had some to and fro comms with the provider but we havent sorted it yet. Im told im showing as connected but no ecm times?, feeds are being kept live for me to sort it out.

Thanks for the reply. Yes for cable. I was sent the line by the provider, inserted into tuxbox/config - .server and .conf folders. I have tried mgcamd and i could not get it to start/run at all. I havent tried ccam, believe i would need 2.3.2 to work on this box?. I have had some to and fro comms with the provider but we havent sorted it yet. Im told im showing as connected but no ecm times?, feeds are being kept live for me to sort it out.

Mgcamd goes in usr/keys folder on all builds but it won't work properly in oscam, you need a Newcamd or Cccam line to use in oscam
You can download CCcam2.3.2 and use a C line

Have you entered you line details into Oscam? If so I would log into the Oscam webif on a laptop/tablet and have a look at the live log that will tell you what’s going on. Presumably you are able to watch channels 1-5 on the box ok if not then your signal is the issue, you won’t get any other fta channels unlike satellite.

We have entered our lines into tuxbox/config - .server and .conf files. when trying to view the log, ecm stats etc on the box it says ' Error There is no [webif] section in oscam.conf. All i have in .conf is lines. Signal is at 99/100% and BER? at 0%.

Download the 'softcams and lines' download and read it through, it contains everything you need and need to know, with oscam softcams and server files for you to edit and add your own details in.
also make sure your line is still live, test lines only last 24h from creation, request a new one in the request threads if you need one

Our line is being kept live so we can hopefully get it sorted. I dont suppose you have a copy of the guide that you could post up I dont seem to be able to get to it through the link, File Unavailable.

Our line is being kept live so we can hopefully get it sorted. I dont suppose you have a copy of the guide that you could post up I dont seem to be able to get to it through the link, File Unavailable.

http://www.techkings.org/resources/softcams-and-lines.63/
click on the download link

the link is indeed dead
I've uploaded the one i downloaded to zippyshare, copy/paste the address in your browser:
Code:
https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/P045HoLA/file.html

IVE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a problem with the line, think ive got some tweaking to do but feel confident now. Well credit to you guys, cheers for all the responses and help, I wish I had come here days ago, it would have got me off to a much better start. Right now to look into ways to tinker!

Back