Unreliable IPTV - how do I trouble shoot?

DrUniverse

I’m having teething trouble with a new IPTV stream provider. Could it by my apps? Could it be their service? I don’t know.

I’m technically minded and would like to investigate more deeply before I blame them.

Are there any tools that I could use to get more information?

I’m experiencing VOD that freezes after a few minutes - but only on some days. I’m experiencing weird buffering on live channels (play, repeat last few seconds, play, repeat, freeze).

Could it be my app (tried several different apps, both iOS and android). Could it be my ISP (gigabit fibre, no problems with main streaming companies).

I’m an open source minded programmer. Are there any Linux tools I could run to give me some stats or performance info?

Thanks!

I am sure you have tried plenty and are they all giving you the problem with VOD and live TV? Try some others and see if you get the same problem. What internet provider are you using? Can it be that you are being throttled by your internet provider?

I’m having teething trouble with a new IPTV stream provider. Could it by my apps? Could it be their service? I don’t know.

I’m technically minded and would like to investigate more deeply before I blame them.

Are there any tools that I could use to get more information?

I’m experiencing VOD that freezes after a few minutes - but only on some days. I’m experiencing weird buffering on live channels (play, repeat last few seconds, play, repeat, freeze).

Could it be my app (tried several different apps, both iOS and android). Could it be my ISP (gigabit fibre, no problems with main streaming companies).

I’m an open source minded programmer. Are there any Linux tools I could run to give me some stats or performance info?

Thanks!
On the days where its playing up, take a test line from one of the other providers that contacted you and see if theirs is the same.
If it is, its likely to be your setup, if its fine, you've picked a duffer

I am sure you have tried plenty and are they all giving you the problem with VOD and live TV? Try some others and see if you get the same problem. What internet provider are you using? Can it be that you are being throttled by your internet provider?
I’ve only tried one at a time, and I didn’t select the others mainly based on VOD content.

The isp is fine. I’m on a symmetric fibre leased line via an alt net.
take a test line from one of the other providers that contacted you and see if theirs is the same.
ok. Good plan.

Are there no such tools available though, or are they just not that common?

ok. Good plan.

Are there no such tools available though, or are they just not that common?
I assume your provider has offered advice?
You can change players for vod and live streams within the app and see if they're any better.
Other than that it's either your connection/isp or your provider.

You can try dozens of different things to get the connection/isp running smoothly but it will never be smooth with a duff line, which is why you should take a test with someone else next time its playing up

Make sure you are only logged into one app/ device at a time, if you are using more connections than your sub allows , you will get buffering/ freezing. ( I'm assuming you have one connection)

Sometimes an app running in background or on another devices doesn't release their connection.

What device are you using ? , did you have an old provider if so was that ok ? add vlc and mxplayer to your app and try them. Have you reset the router & device and turned off any nanny settings on the isp. Is the vod that freezes always on the same film , have you tried others ? Have you tried free apps like nova Tv? Is the device on Wi-Fi ? Have you done a speed test on the device …this is the only tool I know.

I'm assuming you have one connection
I’m supposed to have three. It you’re right. The sudden freezing of movies might be because that isn’t configured at the other end.

The reseller is a techkings user since 2015; and I'm reasonable certain that it's a supply issue - but I wanted to get some technical metrics from my end to help debug the issue before I put kick up a stink. :).

Thanks for the idea above everyone.

I’m supposed to have three. It you’re right. The sudden freezing of movies might be because that isn’t configured at the other end.

The reseller is a techkings user since 2015; and I'm reasonable certain that it's a supply issue - but I wanted to get some technical metrics from my end to help debug the issue before I put kick up a stink. :).
Best to speak to them, if you are having issues, they should be able to help troubleshoot. Shouldn't be an issue.
The supplier can see how many connections are active, three should be decent though . They probably should be used on the same IP address, not in multiple locations as some services are IP locked.

Try on your phone as somebody suggested.

Alot of hardcoded apps will tell you how many connections allowed for your username. Check your settings in the app

The best way is to either use a VPN or download an app on your phone and run your service via the app over 4/5G that way you can decide if it’s the ISP/device your using or simply the IPTV service.

STEP 1:
Clear Cache on ALL applications. ALL OF THEM. Clear DATA on any application you do NOT use!
STEP 2:
Unplug your device, Modem, AND Router for 5 minutes. ALL cords should be unplugged when doing a hard reset.
STEP 3: FASTEST WAY TO TROUBLESHOOT
Download IPTV Smarters from your MOBILE devices app store. Login with Xtream Codes API Check your issue NOT connected to wifi. If your issue is still happening, I would contact the provider! If your issue does not occur NOT connected to wifi with your MOBILE device: Turn your Wifi back ON your mobile device.
  1. If an issue begins to occur, it has something to do with the internet.
  2. If issues do not occur, it has something to do with the device.

Back