UPC on demand TV

anto1969

Super Moderator
Staff member
TK Supporter
Just got a letter in the door this morn stating from the 25th May UPC will launch their on demand TV.

"Over one third of homes in Dublin will get On Demand instantly on their current UPC TV service.
It will become available to the rest of the country throughout the summer to reach over 600,000 Irish homes.

Catch up TV - through the RTÉ Player and 3player - is free to all UPC Digital Cable TV customers.

All customers will be able to rent the latest movie releases (€4.99 SD or €5.99 HD) and will also be able to choose from an extensive movie library (€1.99 SD or €2.49 HD)."

So Remember this weekend press the on demand button on your remote,
Visit Channel 119 to find out more.

Source: letter/upc website

LOL got it in for the kids mainly, my son used it for watching shameless mainly and yeh all old stuff lol

got rid and ordered them upc boxes for their rooms instead ;)

No, my friend they are not, they are going to continue giving us the basic cable (17 stations) until we decide we want to come into the tech age from the stone agelol yet, I myself am happy enough with the basic service.

Hi folks, wheelo are you missing some channels with the analogue? I'm with sky but have broadband with upc so I still can get the analogue for all other rooms in the house, noticed mtv and Nickelodeon are missing, could be others.

No, I have 17:-
BBC 1 +2, UTV, CH 4, RTE 1+ 2, TV3, Sky news, Sky one, E4, MTV, TG4, Setanta, Discovery, Comedy, Living, 3E

I just tried another scan now myself and I'm missing mtv, discovery, comedy and living, maybe because I'm not paying for them? Ah well, back to sky ...
My friend has upc on demand and along with the normal channel functions I found it extremely slow to respond, pricey too so it can be (for a free service) until they do something about channel response times with their boxes and a disgusting menu I'll never go back.

Back