update 4.2

sinno

VIP Member
Wii System Menu 4.2 will remove ALL homebrew capabilities from your Wii!!!

This includes:
Homebrew channel
IOS updates
cIOS updates
bootmii
preloader

IF YOU UPDATE YOUR WII YOU CAN NOT REINSTALL HOMEBREW CAPABILITEIES AS OF YET!!!!!

good info sinno, my wii usually asks me before it updates, so i presume it will again this time, also i have knocked off the connect 24, so i presume this will block it in case anyone else is using my wii??
i bow to your knowledge sinno, THANKS for sharing

if you are getting one at xmass axxxo it will more than likely contain the new motherboard that wont allow backups to be played in the drive,you will be able to run them off the usb thou

is the wii like the xbox as in you cannot play online unless you do the system update?

not 100% sure, but i was allowed to register with ea sports the other day and my connect 24 is turned off. there are 2 settings connect 24, which updates would cone down and internet, which you connect to other players(I think)

This just off another site
thanks to mad61190
ok so here it is before i go to bed tonight hackmii and bannerbomb are in the middle of testing new versions that seem very promising on the 4.2 update they say that they should be out in a day or two so woot woot this troubling update is almost in the past

its like everything were there is a code there is always a way,thats mine

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Hi Wheelo
I dont think the hardmod is necessary yet and i dont know yet if its been tested on the newer wii's
I'm very happy with the softmod,and i'm sure there is a way around all that is thrown at it

4.2 is now a distant memory,the anti homebrew attempt by nintendo has been completely circumvented by the wii genius's

i am looking for the cheat book for supermario bros game. it is the first one to come out. i hope i am posting in the right place jjohn3

Hi jjohn3,
is that for the wii or the ds
is this the 1 [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cheat+book+super+mario+bros&x=8&y=21"]link[/ame]

Last edited:
alright guys

new to this forum just a little input incase you dont know but wii on 4.2 can be softmoded using bannerbomb hack you prob already aware of this but just incase someone else comes to the forum and dosent know well they do now lol hope this helps

welcome along superlarrson, if you have any other info, dont be shy about starting a thread(y)

Back