update for dsi xl

spike24

hi guys i have a dsi xl running on 1.4.1 firmware,i also have an acekard 2i that my grandaughter is using in a ds lite,i want to be able to make this card work in the xl but have forgotten how to do this any help please.
i have put the 1.4.1 update on the card and put it in the ds lite but it comes up with error think i am doing something wrong thanks

You download the update from the site , when you unzip it there are two files, the one you are looking for says blah blah blah for DS, you put it where the games are, put it in the DS then run it, that should then do the trick.
if that is what you are doing, then tell us about the error message, as much info as possible please

Instructions from elsewhere
Code:
What you will need to update your AceKard 2i Card?
1.A DSi Console with Firmware lower than 1.4.2 (1.4.2E, 1.4.2J, 1.4.2U & 1.4.2A) e.g 1.4,1.3 or 1.2  OR 
a DS Lite Console 
2.AceKard 2i Card Loaded with latest Firmware AKAIO1.8.7
3.Firmware Update of AK2i for 3DS2.0 and DSi1.4.2
To Check Your DSi(XL) or 3DS Firmware Version:
Click 'Setting' on the Main Menu 
In the right hand corner of the top screen it will say Ver 1.X or Ver 2.X
STEPS:
1.Unzip 'ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi142.zip' you will then have two files: 
  Updating via DSi(XL) use :  ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds 
  Updating via DS Lite use :  ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds
2.Copy the file you need to the root directory of the Micro SD memory card. 
3.Place the Micro SD back into the AceKard 2i Card and insert into DSL/DSi(XL)(lower than 1.4.2) Console 
4.Select the Micro SD Card icon (from the main operating system on the AceKard 2i Main Screen) 
5.Select the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds/ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds
6.Follow the on screen instructions (Press Start to update until 100% finished) 
Complete!! You have a working AceKard 2i with DSi Firmware 1.4.2 and 3DS 2.0

[video=youtube;G_Ya2Vu2koo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Ya2Vu2koo[/video]

Last edited:
Cheers sorted it thankyou
Can you recommend the best flash cart to use in a 3ds xl?
I ask because I have seen that the acekard doesn't work and only certain ones do,any advice is appreciated.
This is the version no of my 3ds xl-4.3.0-10E

Last edited:
The Acekard 2i works on anything mate, glad you got it sorted. sorry for the late reply, I havent been around much lately.

hi can i ask i have 2 original r4 cards that work on the ds lite.
Will they work on a dsi xl if so how do i get them to work?
Thanks

Back