update on Oscar

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
not been around much so just thought id update you on Oscar.

He is not doing quite so well these days. has stopped eating and although i am syringe feeding him babyfood - fruit he will not eat live foods no matter how hard i try. We have also noticed his back leg - looks like muscle waste.

So going to have to take him back to vets over the next week or so and see where we go from there.
We have come to terms now that he will not last much longer and we go away next month and its not fair to expect someone else to try and look after him, although our vet is a friend and has offered to look after him, we really need to see how he is doing as i dont want to prolong his life if he is starting to deteriorate and suffer. Its nor fair to Oscar.
Linny

thanks to all those that have asked after him over the last few months

Thanks for letting us know how he's getting on Linny, i know it's tough but you will know what to do for the best for him. :(

he couldn't have asked for a better owner.

thanks guys. yes even George has come to terms with the fact that its getting harder. Althought Oscar - to look at him you still would not say hes ill!
But i think its time before we go away to sort things out rather than come back to bad news. So will keep you informed once weve seen vet.

thanks for keeping us informed Linny and as all have said could'nt have asked for a better carer, will be thinking of you ;)

Sorry to hear all this about Oscar Linny
He had a good life, take care of yourself LInny :)

:mad:Oscar is now at Rainbow Bridge RIP

Decided today that it was time for him to go. IT was a very hard decision but the right one, although at this moment in time it does not feel like it!

He was with me in my arms and is now in the garden being protected by the trees where it is peaceful and painfree.

thanks for all your comments and support guys.
:mini lizard:
RIP Oscar:mad:
Sadly missed :mini lizard::mini lizard::mini lizard::mini lizard:

sorry to hear this im sure you have loads of fond memory's of him to look back on R.I.P Oscar

Last edited:
You have elected to suffer yourself in order to bring comfort to Oscar.

A exceptionally difficult but humane & selfless act Linny.

Hopefully, time will allow all the fond memories to alleviate the sorrow & great loss you feel today.

All or thoughts are with you Linny :)

-

thanks for the update linny, I am only sorry it wasn't with better news. at least his suffering is now over.:flowers: for Oscar.

As I said elsewhere Linny really very very sorry to hear this news, you gave him all the care you could possibly give and his suffering is finished now, thinking of you girl, chin up ;)

Really sorry to hear Oscar has passed on linny :(
You should be very very proud for looking after him the way you did in his last few weeks.

RIP Oscar!

fair play to you linny, you did all you could and more for oscar! im sure he lived a happy life with you !

Thanks peeps.
Ive not been downstairs as yet and in his room. His lights would go on about now. But im watching him in the garden from my window.
Again thanks for your kind words. It means a great deal to me - especially as i dont know any of you on a personal level. Some of you have said things that mean more to me than some of my so called friends!

The next few days for me are going to be difficult especially as today im working in the shop. But in some respects that may help.
Linny
xx

I'm so sorry for you're loss Linny, I know how it feels to lose a pet and companion you care about and love so much.

Always think of all the good times you had with him :)
You are in my prayers Linny
Take care of you're self.

today was not quite as bad - well once i got to shop. Got there early and locked doors and sat in dark with my two girls that i gave back to the shop that i had brought up from babies. That helped, and im sure as they lived with us and knew oscar that they understood why i was upset coz one of them nuzzled up to me. So i had a darn good cry in the shop all on my own. I felt a bit better after that and i had some customers come in that i know and i think talking about it helped a lot.

Came home and cant bare to go in his room until hubby comes home coz i know ill get upset again. although i did check to make sure he was ok in his garden!

Back