Update problems

Stoob

I have been using Openeight on my Octagon SF8008 for some time, doing daily updates with reboot. Yesterday, the update went as normal, until the reboot. After appearing to boot up normally, the box then froze with 0001 on the display. I then changed to OpenATV, did an update, and the same thing happened. Now using PureE2, but I'm not doing an update until I know what's going on. My fault I guess for not doing a backup.

I have been using Openeight on my Octagon SF8008 for some time, doing daily updates with reboot. Yesterday, the update went as normal, until the reboot. After appearing to boot up normally, the box then froze with 0001 on the display. I then changed to OpenATV, did an update, and the same thing happened. Now using PureE2, but I'm not doing an update until I know what's going on. My fault I guess for not doing a backup.
Is this in the car or under the telly?
I wouldn't bother installing any updates on any enigma2 image, they cause more trouble than they're worth.
I've been running openatv for past five years and never updated once.
It's easier and faster to just flash a new image every 12 months or so

Sounds like a clogged jet in the carburettor :unsure: clean thoroughly with carb cleaner and give it a blast with compressed air.

...... sounds a bit odd now the post has been moved from the 'engine problems' forum :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This happened to me the other day on my octagon sf8008 openatv 6.4.
After update i just kept getting the blue spinning wheel in the left hand corner.
Just ended up going into multiboot settings and in there you download the
latest openatv.
Then after just restored settings.
That seemed to sort it out

Back