Updating V8S channel list

Englishiron

Hi, being a newbie I still haven't got my head around one two things! I recently updated channel list precisely as the instructions because two HD channels are no longer available and have been replaced by SD channels, but it didn't work immediately. Only after a week or so they became viewable.
My question is, do you have leave the receiver switched on for a period of time for it to lock onto the newly updated channels, or am I missing trick?
Many thanks in advance.

Hi, being a newbie I still haven't got my head around one two things! I recently updated channel list precisely as the instructions because two HD channels are no longer available and have been replaced by SD channels, but it didn't work immediately. Only after a week or so they became viewable.
My question is, do you have leave the receiver switched on for a period of time for it to lock onto the newly updated channels, or am I missing trick?
Many thanks in advance.

You only need to reboot your box for the channel list to take effect.

Thanks for rapid response, I'm not saying that I'm not responsible for the problem, but I did reboot as per instructions but as I said,the channels that had been replaced didn't lock for a fair period of time! Is it my lack of patience and I should leave the receiver powered up?

I always leave my receiver with power. I leave it on Standby, never turning it off at the wall, in case of surges (or it doesn't come back on again!)

As our learned friend says, the channel list activates immediately after a re-boot.

Respect

Last edited:
Thanks again for rapid response, just what I needed to know. Will leave powered up in future.
cheeers and beers:bye:

My lads V8s is left in standby all the time and never had a issue and he's had it for over a year. Yes its attached to a surge protected extension lead with his Xbox etc lol

Back