upgrading from flashdrive to HDD on H2S and keeping settings etc

unique

I'm currently using a 16gb USB2 flashdrive as my main storage. As I don't record much it's got enough space for my needs, but I was thinking of upgrading to a HDD as I have a few spare unused 2.5" drives and thought it would probably be a lot faster than an old flashdrive and give me lots more space to record. Alternately I could use a newer faster usb3 flashdrive if that was going to be faster but I presume the HDD would be fastest unless I used an SSD.

So I was wondering what's the best way to copy everything across? Can I stick the flashdrive and HDD into my pc and just copy over all the files, or use a disclone software, or do I really have to use a restore settings option? I suppose it would be handy having the flashdrive as a spare working setup, but I've screwed up before and restored from backup and all was fine as I backup regularly.

Not you will need to do the transfer work on the box or using ftp to move it about

The box only has Usb2.0, so you won't get much if any improvement on speed

If it was me setup ftp on where ever
Setup you new drive on the box, place the old drive in the second USB
Ftp in drag and drop over ftp
And be happy to wait as the is pretty slow

no can't do it on pc

Insert the hard drive into the back usb port and initialise and mount it on the box.

Now insert the usb stick into the front usb port

On pc open file explorer and click on network and then your box, now browse to Root -> /media/usb and highlight everything you want to move across and on keyboard CTRL C

now browse to /media/hdd and on keyboard CTRL V

what i would have done is iniatised both usb and hdd and select recording to move to another location all done on box.

I assume the usb is already initialised as its been used on box - didn't think about moving recordings via box.

i have never had to move from usb to hdd,but from one location to another location on networked boxes i do when space shrinks too low.

Thanks guys, I'll have a play later. I don't have any recordings to move. There's probably only about 2gb of data on the USB drive including backups of settings.

Back