Upgrading H2S

Flobalob

Registered
Hi, I’m looking to upgrade my Zgemma H2S, loads of boxes out there, I’m looking at the H7S box or the Formuler boxes, but I can only find the F1 box (HD only)with a twin sat tuner.

Is this the only Formuler box with a twin sat? I quite like the spec of the S Turbo but only single sat, am I missing something?

Cheers

formandvoid

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Not sure about twin sat on formuler ,looks to be single tuner,maybe someone else can comment but used a lot of Zgemma boxes and the H7s looks nice.

wooshman

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
F1 is a twin sat + extra tuner slot if you want one for say cable for FTA terrestrial TV. A nice box which is nearly twice as fast as the H2S
H7S is a very fast box, twin sat. At least 2.5 x faster than the H2S but comes at a price.

Flobalob

Registered
Thanks for the reply’s, I’ll be using it for satellite tv, recording, IPTV mainly, everything else will be a bonus.

Wooshman, thanks for the info, i think I’ll stick with what I know and go with the H7S box, yea it’s a bit pricey, but I’m familiar with all the setup on Zgemma boxes.

Cheers

wooshman

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
but I’m familiar with all the setup on Zgemma boxes.
The setup is identical on all E2 boxes @Flobalob

When you put openATV on an E2 box it is openATV on an E2 box. Or vix, or openPli etc and so on. The only difference you will see on a whole is a speed increase and how the box looks physically.

Don't think that zgemma work any differently to other boxes, they are all the same.

Flobalob

Registered
A
The setup is identical on all E2 boxes @Flobalob

When you put openATV on an E2 box it is openATV on an E2 box. Or vix, or openPli etc and so on. The only difference you will see on a whole is a speed increase and how the box looks physically.

Don't think that zgemma work any differently to other boxes, they are all the same.
ah I see, now that’s made me have a rethink, I didn’t know that.

I’m in no rush to purchase, so I’ve still got time to have a proper read up on what other boxes offer, not sure I need android though on the formuler boxes, unless anyone can educate me a little more.

Thanks

wooshman

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
ah I see, now that’s made me have a rethink, I didn’t know that.
I didn't know that either until I got a second box which wasn't my H2S and put OpenATV on it. I had never thought about it before then but everything really is the same.

I am not sure of the advantage of Android on the boxes. I am not into mixing it all up on a box which can already do IPTV, has IPTV Player and satellite channels or cable. I am sure there are a load of for and against arguments, I just don't know what they are.

Let us know what you opt for in the end though please.