GrogBuild upgrading to Grogbuild

pricklyEd

Hi,
I currently have a Zgemma H7S with OpenATV 6.4 & Wooshbuild
I want to upgrade to Grogbuild according to the installation in GrogBuild - Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

I have two sat dishes hooked up. One for Freesat and the other to Eutelsat Hotbird 13.0E for certain European languages for which I have created a separate Bouquet. I’ve also tweaked the Entertainment Bouquet to order the channels in way that I want.

According to the Grogbuild instructions I select Freesat in the appropriate step and then in Step 15 the ABM does a scan on Freesat.
My question is: where is the best place to do a scan of the Eutelsat?

I also have also backed up the above mentioned two Bouquets via Webif.
I presume that I will need to restore these two Bouquets after both dishes have been scanned?

Many thanks in advance.
Ed

I would install grogbuild as if just freesat, and then once installed and set up go into settings -> Reception -> tuner config and set the 2nd tuner to Eutelsat and then do set up ABM accordingly.

Depending on which dish is connected to which tuner you may get an error when first boots up saying something about tuner, but once you have done above so tuners are set for correct sats and then ran an abm scan it should be good to go. If ABM doesn't work for Eutelsat (Sorry I've never used any other sat so don't know). you could just do a manual scan of the tuner. Someone with better knowledge may be able to advise you better on that

Thanks grog68. I will have a go in the next few days and will try to muddle through like usual :laughing:
I realise that just about everyone's setup is different so tweaks need to be "applied" here and there.
Ed

Hi grog68. Went and upgraded without any real problems. Has issue with tuners as both were set to Freesat. Changed the second tuner to Eutelsat and rescanned & AWB. Had to reimport the Bouquets via webif as there was a load of s**t other channels not interested in.
EPG-Importer wasn't automatically loaded so followed your instructions in another message to use menu\setup\epg\epg importer and then loaded the plugin.
A lot easier and quicker than wooshbuild. Has similar issue with Eutelsat on woosh but it didn't default to Freesat for both tuners.
Maybe need to somehow leave non Freesat tuner alone if that is possible.
I've noticed that the remote colour buttons functions are a bit different than woosh. Will get used to them though I will have to write their functions and options down as no doubt I will forget what they are after a few hours :laughing: That's the wonder of hitting 70!!!!!
Thanks again for all your effort.
Ed

Rats!!! I used to be able to look at the Zgemmah7 HDD from Windows 10 file explorer. When I try it now it's expecting credentials logon and password. Possibly due to new version of Openatv 6.4 At the start of the install I had to go into Webif terminal and I had to enter a password - as i didn't have one I had to create one. The credentials login is showing as "root" but whatever I enter into ppassword it's rejected.
Sigh. Time to get the JCB out and do some digging. Sigh
Ed

hi 2 all
downloaded. grog build. thanks grog. my problem. internet only. looking for link. etc
grogbuild is not updated any more and uses atv 6.4 so it's really out of date, depending on box it might be worth looking at Willobuild

Back