Upgrading to H9 Twin from H2.S

Hi all

I am hoping you can help me? I am looking to upgrade from a H2.S to a H9 and want to know if the external hard drive of recordings I have (made on the H2.S) will work on the H9 if I plug in the hard drive to the new device?

I currently run Whooshbuild Infinity and intended to run the same on the H9.

Thanks for your help, Andrew

Have the h9 twin myself
I have a HGST 500GB HDD 2.5 inch and it fits just fine. I initialised it by the image that is in the machine... Mounted as /media/hdd.

Have the h9 twin myself
I have a HGST 500GB HDD 2.5 inch and it fits just fine. I initialised it by the image that is in the machine... Mounted as /media/hdd.

I have an external USB3.0 1TB hard drive plugged into my H2.S. When I get my new H9 Twin I would like to plug in this hard drive. Normally during setup you are asked to initiate (format) the drive. Will I be able to bypass this and will the hard drive then work for playing back the existing recordings and making new ones.

I will look to get an internal drive in time. Is it easy to transfer files from the external drive to a new internal one?

Main reason I was looking at the H9 Twin over H9.2S is the bigger cache size. I don't mind having an external drive so that isn't the main reason for looking H9 Twin.

Thanks, Andrew

Your correct
The fact I no longer have to use external drive
Also the 8GB EMMC FLASH / 1GB DDR3 Memory
Also the Quad core processor
The box boots up very fast you wouldn't be
Disappointed

Back