USB and External HDDrive problem

pompeyark

Hi maybe someone can help here with this problem
I have a Zgemma H2H box flashed with the latest WilloBuild and i use Jedi to inport my streams

Unfortunatly i am having major problems initalizing either USB or a 500GB Seagate Expansion Drive
all are USB 2.0
I have done reformats and Low level formats used the Willo tools for partitions etc and i still cannot get the Zgemma to Inatalize and mount the device
I have even reflashed the Willo image twice and still the inatinaliser only gets to 95 then a error message come up Harddisk instance has no attribute ‘type’

Can any one help here please

Thanks Regards Mark

Hi
No standard plug and play type
Hi
I haven't got the same box as you! But have had that problem with Zgemma !
I just kept doing the basics till it got there!
Make sure the USB or hdd is formatted to fat 32
During the Flash operation forget the initialisation bit, the after flash=
Press Blue button then scroll down to Harddisk then across to initialisation OK agree Red Button

If you manage to get above done( I did after few attempts) Scroll left to mounts then over to device Manager, in it you should see your device it needs to show MOUNT/MEDIA/HDD if not press green button to set up mounts and change to /MEDIA/HDD and press green to save, system will ask to restart.
Hope that all doesn't sound patronising but simple usually works, you could try a different USB stick!

If you are still having problems format the drive to ext4 on a PC, then you won't have to initialise it on your box.

I found this on another forum... may be of help.

Sorted. Found this on Google.
Format using MiniTool Partition Wizard Free.

1. Connect the drive to Windows
2. Run MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
3. Select the drive and delete partition
4. Create new partition (Create as "Primary" and select File System as EXT4)
5. Click OK and Apply.

Worked a treat.

Back