USB Drive

vizzy

Hi all,

Had a USB drive in my H.2H, but never use full capacity so wanting to swap it out for a different one.

When I put the current USB into my laptop to reformat it etc it says cannot recognise and laptop will not pick it up so unable to format it.

Any idea how to fix this? Or is it now a dead USB. Tried different ports and laptops but same outcome.

Thanks

If its a windoze PC it won't be able to see the USB, it will be in ext3 or 4 , windoze doesn't recognise that format, a Linux or Mac will sort it, or if you have an otg cable some android phones can do it.

If its a windoze PC it won't be able to see the USB, it will be in ext3 or 4 , windoze doesn't recognise that format, a Linux or Mac will sort it, or if you have an otg cable some android phones can do it.

Yeah tried the OTG didn't work, few free programs again. Just comes up unrecognisable and then just dissappear

Yeah tried the OTG didn't work, few free programs again. Just comes up unrecognisable and then just dissappear
Download Ubuntu and put it on a USB, boot your laptop to USB, run Ubuntu live and then put your ext USB in, its a bit long winded, but its the only way a windows PC will see an ext filesystem

It doesn't need to be able to read the file system, just to recognise the drive in Drive Management.
BootIce or Minitool Partition Wizard will be able to format it to Fat32 whether windows has allocated a drive letter or not.

I wonder how i did mine when i had issues with epg as stored on usb stick and always was ext 4 and windows saw it and able to format and setup on box years ago.
I never used any of the extra programs on pc from xp and w7.

Back