USB Hdd looks like it's full

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

Got a Miraclebox running vix, with an external USB 3.0 Toshiba Hdd (500 GB) for recording to, everything is working fine,

However I decided to tidy up my recordings as I had quite a few on there.

I deleted loads of stuff from the movies directory, then went into the trashcan and deleted them all again lol

Anyway, the room available on the Hdd went up from 10 to 12%

The trashcan is empty but bottom right of the screen shows 115 GB in trashcan.

Rebooted the box to see if it would clear and give me a proper reading of what was still free on the Hdd but it's still the same.

I know I have got loads of room on the Hdd now, I would make a good guess at about 50% full

Any ideas how to find out.

Put the Hdd on my computer but it doesn't pick it up as it was formatted and mounted using the Miraclebox, so they loose a partition
and the PC doesn't see them, I know this is normal and not a fault.

Don't know if it's linked to your problem but I see a similar thing with the HDD in my Xtrend et8500, the hard disk available capacity slowly goes down over time without any additional recordings present.
Two things that may help you
1. I believe it takes the system a while to erase stuff from the HDD so try checking your capacity again after about half an hour from deleting something.
2. In the menu where you initialise the HDD to begin with, run the "Scan" option, in my case when this has compelted the HDD capacity reports correctly.

Not a perfect solution but worth a try if you haven't done this already!

Well it's not showing full any more (y)

Decided not to be a pussy and run the file system check under the storage device option.

Yep you guessed it, it crashed :fartlight:

Initialised the Hdd again and there it was, success !!!

zero in trashcan and 99% free memory :laughing:

Might try that next time, it's always worked fine before
and I haven't seen this problem before yesterday.

Probably should have left it a day or so to see if it sorted itself out.

I'm guessing the Hdd may have just got a bit fragmented over
time with all the recording and deleting and decided to fall over lol

Back