Usb stick to external hdd

joe_con19

Hi ive tried switching from an 8gb usb (which come with the box plug and play) to an external hard drive cause I received a message saying the stick was full during recording the football in hd

Just wondering if someone can give me the steps to start from scratch adding an external hard drive so I'm able to record it would be much appreciated

thanks

Joe,

Use this guide from Wooshman

Insert the HDD that you are going to use for recording, pause and rewind into the rear USB port.
Menu -> setup -> System -> Storage Devices -> Initialisation -> OK button -> Red Button (Initialise) -> OK Button

Your HDD device is now being initialised for use with the Zgemma box. This will be used for pause, rewind and the recording of programs, it is also used for the swap file, EPG data and picons. Time to complete this step varies depending on the size of the device. You will be returned to full screen TV when complete.

RESTART YOUR BOX

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Ill give this a try with my hard drive will this format it to the correct type? Or do that on the computer first?

Ok thanks. Yeah ive read that your better with a powered one than relying on the box to power it up. The One i have is not powered so ill have to go out and get one that is

Hi there just tried to follow your instructions when i go to system there isnt storage devices? Any ideas? The box was plug n play not sure what image im using tbh

---------- Post Merged at 06:19 PM ----------

image.jpgimage.jpgThis is what i get when i get to system

Box off
Hdd out
Box on fully
Insert hdd and look for storage devices again

---------- Post Merged at 07:54 PM ----------

When ur box is starting does it say openatv, openpli, openvix? On screen

Back