Usb tuner

Can anyone recommend where to buy a USB TUNER from as the official Zgemma store hasn't had them in stock for some time ?.

I have the H2H rigged up to cable and satellite with a sub for both, using Dsayers vix4.1 but recording and watching another channel at the same time is very hit and miss. The wife can't seem to get her head round what are Sky and what are cable channels
and to be honest neither do I, I know Cable do HD and sky don't but everytime we come to record and then switch over to another channel more often than not we get the "No Free Tuner" error.

quite a pointless box tbh and wish I'd done a bit more home work.

Record on all channels bouquet on virgin then view in the other bouquets sky

---------- Post Merged at 05:32 PM ----------

I've just asked kiddac if there's any way to implement markers on his vm skin on epg to make it easier to tell the difference between sky and vm channels on epg so keep an eye out here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/94048-new-skin-vskin-hd-7.html#post536072 if there's a way to do it in will update the image next week while I have the week off

Record on all channels bouquet on virgin then view in the other bouquets sky

---------- Post Merged at 05:32 PM ----------

I've just asked kiddac if there's any way to implement markers on his vm skin on epg to make it easier to tell the difference between sky and vm channels on epg so keep an eye out here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/94048-new-skin-vskin-hd-7.html#post536072 if there's a way to do it in will update the image next week while I have the week off
You can have different picons pngs and use sky with either SNP or SRP and use Cable for vice verser...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cheers chabs I'll look into it the only issue with srp picons is updating them when frequencies change or doesn't vm do it that much?

Cheers chabs I'll look into it the only issue with srp picons is updating them when frequencies change or doesn't vm do it that much?
I know...i hate that bit..no wonder I prefer SNP...use cable 4 srp as they dnt change much...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Can anyone recommend where to buy a USB TUNER from as the official Zgemma store hasn't had them in stock for some time ?.

I have the H2H rigged up to cable and satellite with a sub for both, using Dsayers vix4.1 but recording and watching another channel at the same time is very hit and miss. The wife can't seem to get her head round what are Sky and what are cable channels
and to be honest neither do I, I know Cable do HD and sky don't but everytime we come to record and then switch over to another channel more often than not we get the "No Free Tuner" error.

quite a pointless box tbh and wish I'd done a bit more home work.

What USB tuner do you want, DVB-T2/C? I think I may have got the last one from Zgemma.co.uk as as soon as I purchased it the product page was no longer available. I did get another one though, same make (the OptiCombo), from amazon Germany. Link here. Arrived pretty quickly too.

I thought I'd add though, I didn't have an issue when using vix but there is currently a driver issue for these on OpenATV, since earlier this year. Something to think about.

Back