Use as a media device

wah007

Hello,

I'm interested in this box and am getting it. I was wondering if I connect a hard drive to it would the hard drive show up on the home network on the PC?

I want to transfer some videos from the PC to the hard drive and then watch the videos on the TV through this box. I know I can stream but this way is much better than streaming through wifi. Is the box good at playing videos, forward/rewinding etc?

Thanks

box can be seen in network if nfs or samba is enabled on box but it should be possible to stream movies from pc to play through box.you dont have to move files elsewhere to play them.pc recorded files might be different format that box is unsure about.

I've got a Samba option in my router settings too, it's a Asus rt-n66u router. Maybe that will make things easier. I'm going to be using wifi so streaming may not be reliable but I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your help cactikid.

box can be seen in network if nfs or samba is enabled on box but it should be possible to stream movies from pc to play through box.you dont have to move files elsewhere to play them.pc recorded files might be different format that box is unsure about.

Hey this is cool! I've set it so I can see my zGemma on my PC but how do I browse my pc on my zGemma? I've mounted it, entered username and password but can't seem to see how to browse it. Emc only shows the local hdd. Any ideas?

i have media player plugin on my xtrend and if selecting media player it asks what/where to scan for files as long as pc is seen and allows connection to view i would try that.i dont have files to scan on pc outdated pc lol.

...... but it should be possible to stream movies from pc to play through box.you dont have to move files elsewhere to play them.

Hi cactikid. Thanks for all your support. Another question for you.

I intend to view video files on my desktop through the Zgemma box on my TV. How do I go about setting this up.

When I click on Mount setup and the Network Browser, it sees the PC. When I click on the PC it asks me if I want to enter a username and a password. PC is windows 10 with password disabled, so I am not sure what to do.

On the media scanner plugin, the PC is not an option of places to scan for media files. Any idea on how to make it see my PC?

Back