Use cable tuner for satellite

sagar1006

Hi,

I'm currently stuck in a contract with my current broadband provider for quite a while and don't want to pay the early termination fee.
I'm cancelling my sky contract and realise you cant get HD on just satellite so am looking at the H2H.

But until i can cancel my current internet and switch to VM broadband, i was wondering if i could use an adapter (or something else) to use the cable tuner for a second satellite feed so i can watch one channel whilst recording another. And then when i switch providers, just buy a cable line.

The thinking behind this is basically so i dont buy a twin sat tuner box and then have to buy another combo box later down the line...

Thanks in advance

You'd need something like the Xtrend 8000 with interchangeable tuners as far I'm aware your only choice mate

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

No. From what I can tell on my H2H, the frequency range on Tuner B is for cable only as it is considerably lower than satellite.

Kieron

Last edited:
if that box is twin sat tuners no way use on cable,if you bought a better box like a vu solo2 twin sat one could add the vu turbo cable tuner.

Ah ok, i had a feeling that was the case. I might just get a triple tuner then so i can go down the cable route at a later date if i wanted.

Thanks

I've one Sat one cable so best of both worlds and find keeps everyone happy! If get line and Xtrend you can swap them back and forth ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Yeah thats the one i was looking at...seems quite a reasonable price compared to others and has the interchangeable tuners.

Thanks

Would be cheaper to buy one yourself and add if you wanted to but I just got them to put in a 500gb one for ease and know I can at least up it to a TB in future easily if need be.

Last edited:
Back