Useful Free Applications

The conversion tool looks very handy, will have to check it out. Thanks.

2009 is going to be hard ... less hard for some ... harder for others; but tough nevertheless ! Here is a list of select freeware programs for Windows, which you could use to replace some shareware programs.

Anti Virus avast avg avira antivir

Anti Spyware : spybot a squared anti malware Adaware

Firewall : comodo zonealarm online armor outpost pctools firewall

Windows Tweaker: ultimate windows tweaker

Disk & Registry Cleaner : Ccleaner

Disk Defragmenter : Ultimate defrag Auslogics Disk Defrag power defragmenter

Registry Defragmenter :Registry Defragmenter :

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Windows Vista's hidden Aurora animation.To see the magic just type "winsat aurora" in the start menu search box, and hit Enter.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server. just click here free to use ive used it in the past and haven't had any problems with it.

Last edited:
i use idesktoptv to download and convert videos check it out here

Last edited:
Giveaway of the Day -

Giveaway of the Day - Extra DVD to Audio MP3 Ripper
Only today: May 11, 2009

Extra DVD to Audio MP3 Ripper is a DVD movie soundtrack ripper and DVD to MP3 ripper that can extract audio from a DVD and rip DVD audio to MP3, WMA, WAV formats.
As a DVD audio extractor, DVD Audio Ripper has fast ripping speed, exceeding all expectations. It is a real time saver. The concise interface ensures that you can use the DVD to MP3 ripper with ease even the first time. It helps you extract music from DVD and provides you luxuriant sound effects.

What can Extra DVD to Audio MP3 Ripper do for you:
Extracts DVD movie audio to iPod MP3 format.
Extracts DVD movie audio to WMA format.
Extracts DVD movie audio to WAV format.
Specify the start and end positions of DVD Audio Track and Rip it to MP3 file.
Converts each chapter to an individual file.
Quick setting panel lets you easily choose Format, Audio Bit-rate, Channels, Genre, Author, Album, and Comments for each task in the list.
Allows for automatic shutdown of your computer after a long batch conversion.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/extra-dvd-to-audio-mp3-ripper

Darknight: That pc speeder3.0 is Awesome! Man I can see the difference!! My pc was quick before but now- I'ts lightning fast! thanks a lot man.

I'm sure you guys might know about this site but here it is http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

The TCP Optimizer is a free, easy Windows program that provides an intuitive interface for tuning and optimizing your Internet connection. There is no installation required, just download and run.

*Also other nice tools on this site.

Create a Shortcut or Hotkey to Turn Off the Monitor(s)

This is a fabulous little free utility from NirSoft that should get more recognition.

What is it and what can it do?

Well, it's a command-line driven shortcut utility that is very easy to use and has an abundance of different commands.

Here are two such examples:

Do you use dual monitors? Have you every fostered with both power buttons when you want to turn off your monitors last thing at night? Well, not any more! This little guy lets you create a simple shortcut to do it for you (works for single monitors too). It's cleverly thought out as-well, for example, I use a wireless rechargeable mouse which needs to be cradled for trickle charging overnight, and yes, they thought of that too. You can add a delay of 1 second or any other interval to the shortcut which allows you time to cradle the mouse without re-activating the monitors. (Kudos to the smart people at NirSoft).

Ever wondered what the last text you copied to your clipboard was?

Well, this lets you create a shortcut that "SPEAKS" the text currently held in your clipboard.

There are many many more commands too! (See List)

Example:

Create a Shortcut to Turn Off the Monitor(s)

To create this shortcut, we'll first need to grab a tiny multi-purpose utility called NirCmd from the great folks over at NirSoft. This Swiss-army knife tool can do an amazing array of tasks, including powering off the monitor. All we really need to do is create a shortcut.

Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose New \ Shortcut:

Then you'll want to browse to the location where you saved the nircmd.exe file, and add the following arguments:

"C:\path\to\nircmd.exe" cmdwait 1000 monitor off

Make sure the path has quotes around it, and then you add the extra arguments, which will wait 1 second before powering off the monitor (otherwise Windows might misinterpret your last keystroke and wake back up) You can increase this time to suit your own needs.

-

I'm sure you guys might know about this site but here it is http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Franco,

The idea here is to post post post.

Never assume that people already know.

Many might?, but others may not.

All information is valuable & is here for future reference.

If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we'd all be millionaires.

Share your knowledge. It is one way to achieve immortality.

All contributions are very welcome here.

So, "Thank you for yours". :)

-

Franco,

The idea here is to post post post.

Never assume that people already know.

Many might?, but others may not.

All information is valuable & is here for future reference.

If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we'd all be millionaires.

Share your knowledge. It is one way to achieve immortality.

All contributions are very welcome here.

So, "Thank you for yours". :)

-

True- The reason I said that is because I know you guys know a lot more than me on this subject.I feel a little out of place giving advice to people with more knowledge than me in this field. Thanks for all your info.

Giveaway of the Day - StarBurn v.12

box_burn.jpg

May 29, 2009

StarBurn is a powerful tool for grabbing, burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD media. StarBurn supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, Dual layer DVD-R & DVD+R, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM) as well as a wide variety of burning hardware.

StarBurn is easy to learn and to use. In addition to advanced DVD authoring and mastering features StarBurn offers a number of step-by-step wizards for novice users.
New features of StarBurn v.12

* Now Windows 7 is supported.
* Burn Data Wizard: extended with full UDF support, Drag&Drop support and expert mode for advanced users.
* Burn Audio Wizard: fixed long adding compressed files; extended with Drag&Drop support and expert mode for advanced users.
* Compress Audio Wizard: now can be compressed a few files for one wizard passage; extended with Drag&Drop support.

Only available free for 24 hr! usually cost $49,99

Download HERE

Back