Useful Free Web Applications.

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you know of any useful Website based applications, please post them here.

I'm sure there are many, so let's see what we can come up with.

-

Last edited:
Copy and Paste from any Computer to Another.

Most users have encountered the situation where they want to copy some text such as a product license key, from one computer to another. Often this means having to create a text file and then transferring the file to the other computer using a USB stick or CD. Here's a simple alternative that works:

HeyPasteIt! is a free web service that allows you to paste the text onto a clipboard on their site where it is then stored at a unique address. You can then access that clip from another computer using that address, copy the text and then paste it to a file or where ever.

I tried it and it worked well. It even handled multi-page clips. However you can't copy and paste images - it's text only. Another reservation is the site doesn't mention how long the clips are kept for. However my test clips were still available a week after creation and that's more than enough for the intended use.

For example:

Go to their site & type this code: 5C6 into this box on there site to see what I pasted earlier

61.jpg

This site is well worth bookmarking. One day you'll need this.

http://www.heypasteit.com/

-

Down for everyone or just me?

This is a handy site if you are unable to connect to a particular Website but are unsure if it's down or if it's just you that has the problem.

Just type the site name HERE: and click on the blue text "or just me?" to find out.

-

Last edited:
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

This site allows you to work out what power supply wattage you require for a particular PC based on the components installed.

Particularly useful for sourcing the correct power supply for a new build.

Power Supply Calculator:

-

Can your computer run that game?

Use this site to determine if your hardware is capable of running some of the most popular PC games out there.

If your machine is not suitable for a particular game it will suggest areas that need upgrading but more importantly it will let you know if your PC can handle a game before you purchase it.

Can I Run That Game?

-

Glasnost:

Test if your ISP is manipulating (Throttling) your BitTorrent traffic.

Run the test: (Test Button is near the end of the Webpage).

Snapshot of test progress:

67.jpg

-

Last edited:
Radio On The Net.

This is a great site for listening to your favorite radio station (Local & Worldwide) on the Internet.

It has sooo! many.

The only downside is that since the US tightened their security policy it no longer allows European listeners to access some of the American radio stations from outside the United States.

That said though, there is plenty still to choose from.

Check it out!

-

Live Mesh (Microsoft).

Access files from any computer on the Web.

Many people use more than one computer to do their work; for example, at home and in the office.

With Microsoft's new Live Mesh Tool you can automatically, synchronise files between multiple PCs and access them from anywhere.

You get 5GB of free storage & can control if you want to share files too, by making them accessible to others if you wish.

Note: A Windows Live ID is required.

-

Last edited:
nice apps gman keep em comin!

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Here's one i've been using for a while

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

its called easyBCD
great for managing dual boot systems, for example if you have xp and vista on the same machine
also good for backing up your bootloader in which has happenned to me on more than one occasion where i got an error boot bcd is missing on startup, quiet annoying!

oooh, read the description, if you liked easybcd youll love ireboot, ill have to try it now lol

own a blackberry mobile phone/or listen to music online? 100% free allows you to skip songs. best online radio i have ever seen. VERY up-to-date!

www.slacker.com

Unfortunately, Slacker Personal Radio is currently only available in the United States. While we are working to extend our licenses to other parts of the world, at this time we can only play music to our listeners within the United States.

-

Unfortunately, Slacker Personal Radio is currently only available in the United States. While we are working to extend our licenses to other parts of the world, at this time we can only play music to our listeners within the United States.

-

awww... man that sucks... it is a really, really good app. Almost hard to believe its free. and i very, very rarely say that about anything. Hopefully they will get it to you guys soon.

awww... man that sucks... it is a really, really good app. Almost hard to believe its free. and i very, very rarely say that about anything. Hopefully they will get it to you guys soon.

Well homesick, we have people from all corners of the world here, so it will be useful to some I'm sure.

Keep posting your finds regardless.

-

will do, i don't know many other web based apps, just reg. ones. here's a pic of slacker in action

4.jpg

Last edited:
would you like to make your own moving signature such as mine below well if so visit here its free to do plus fun

would you like to make your own moving signature such as mine below well if so visit here its free to do plus fun

Like this little gizmo, one thing, I cannot upload this in my signiture as it is animated. :cry:
maybe I need to get my signiture permissions changed :idea:

Do you want to strip audio from music videos then try this i use it all the time its very fast very small and great to get those audio clips from videos.

Last edited:
Back