Users report Halo 3: ODST disc read errors

homesick

VIP Member
TK Supporter
by Richard Mitchell { 18 hours ago }

According to a rather lengthy thread on Bungie.net, several Halo 3: ODST players are having technical issues with the game. Users are reporting that disc read errors are occurring during the game, rendering it unplayable. Some believe the issue only affects older consoles, specifically those with older DVD drives. Anecdotally, our own David Hinkle encountered the DRE issue on a 2008 Elite. According to Hinkle, installing the game to the hard drive seemed to fix the problem. He later bought a second copy of the game and hasn't encountered the issue again. It's also worth noting that this issue seems to be isolated to the ODST campaign and Firefight mode. The Halo 3 multiplayer disc appears to be unaffected.

Bungie is looking into the problem, with a member of the test team asking forum users for specific information about problems that have been encountered. For those out there with a copy of ODST, let your voice be heard in the poll below.

From - Joystiq [Xbox]

none for me so far homie, an i have an original lol

brutally disappointed by the overall game though, cant believe disc 2 is just halo 3's multiplayer, ridiculous.

firefight aint too bad but after a few runs it will have bored me, good game the other night though homie lol

Back