Satellite Using 2 boxes on 1 Line

pitch183

Good afternoon

I have one ccam for my zgemma hs2 which I have up and running. The question I’m wanting answered , is can I install the ccam on my other zgemma box upstairs on same network, and not upset my provider? I will never be using the 2 boxes at the same time. I will pay if the answer is no, but was wondering if I powered off one box, or put it onto a free view channel, would this only show as one live connection back at the server?

Thanks

David

Last edited:
speak to your provider...some allow multiroom to use a 2nd box & others require a reduced payment for a 2nd dedicated line.

if the two boxes are not being used at the same time then it shouldn't be a problem, if they are likely to be used together then ask your provider.

Just add it on there and dont worry about it,If boxes start to freeze when using both at the same time then its not a multiroom line

you could try to take the m3u file of all your channels from openwebif , Then load the m3u onto the other box and stream them if you can not have multi room

He has an active sub with sat through cccam,If he logs into his box with a pc to openwebif,He then can download the m3u file of all his channels and play them on any device that plays m3u files as long as his box is in standby.I use mine on the laptop and xboxone,if i had a spare box i would put it on that because zgemma play m3u,with the right plugin

Thanks for the reply’s, can anyone confirm that when a box is in standby, it’s not connected back at the providers server?

Ok update here as I installed the line on the other box. Once installed, it loaded the premium channels but froze every 10 secs or so. I put the box to standby and left on a fta channel, the freezing still occurred. What I had to do, was stop the ccam running on one box and the freezing stopped. Vice Versa for watching on the other box. Whilst this may sound a bit of a nuisance, it’s ideal for me as I won’t be watching the other box that often.

Back