Using a 3rd Party Remote?

Is this possible with either the Zgemma or the Edision?

I'm swaying towards buying an Edision but have read a few reviews on here saying that the remote is poor.

I'm wondering if this is something that the Bluetooth feature could be used for?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yes you can use one of those universal remotes, this was recently discussed so have a search for the thread as I don't recall which remote was popular. As for the bluetooth remotes, you'd have to wait for someone else to comment but I'd like to think one of those bluetooth remotes with the keyboard would work.

Thanks I had a quick search but couldn't find any threads for remote controls. I'll have another look

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've just bought a oneforall essence 4, pretty happy with it. Works with my tv and edision (i had to use the learning function for my edision though but only took 5 minutes).

I've just bought a oneforall essence 4, pretty happy with it. Works with my tv and edision (i had to use the learning function for my edision though but only took 5 minutes).

Can you advise on how easy this was, I have followed instructions for eessence 3 but it does not appear to be learning? Do you just press the button on edision or hold it? put remotes next to each other? I have essence 3 and am getting very frustrated trying to get my mini-os working. tried codes on their website still not working.

I had it done in 5 minutes. From memory (I haven't got the booklet with me now) you:

1. Hold down the magic key on the OneForAll, the lights will flash in sequence from left to right and back again. You can let go after this starts.
2. Press the mode button until you are in 'Sat' mode.
3. Press the key on the OneForAll remote that you want to program/learn from the Edision remote (you only get a few seconds after doing this so be ready with the next steps) and it will start flashing fast.
4. Place or hold the Edision remote facing the OneForAllremote (so the 2 IR LEDs point to each other) about 2-3cm apart.
5. Press and hold the key you want to copy on the Edision remote.
6. The OneForAll should read the key press and stop flashing fast.

You can repeat steps 3-6 with the remaining keys you want to program. I THINK you press the magic key to exit once your done learning.

Back