Using a enigma2 box with a skyQ lnb?

Jerboa

Someone was asking me about getting a enigma2 box to view some channels on Astra 2, he told me he has skyq, so I’m guessing his lnb isn’t compatible, is there a work around without replacing the skyq lnb?

Someone was asking me about getting a enigma2 box to view some channels on Astra 2, he told me he has skyq, so I’m guessing his lnb isn’t compatible, is there a work around without replacing the skyq lnb?
My understanding is that to use an Enigma2 box the SkyQ Dish needs a Hybrid EL027/28 LNB (instead of a SkyQ LNB) and that the Hybrid LNB can be fitted by the Sky engineer at time of SkyQ dish installation if requested by the Sky customer.

Change the LNB to a hybrid one and will do both sky Q and HD which the emigma 2 box will be. What is he looking for freesat as not much left on C/S now

Sky are now using another lnb as sat engineer showed me a 6 output and lnb would know which was a sky q box and which was freesat.

Sky are now using another lnb as sat engineer showed me a 6 output and lnb would know which was a sky q box and which was freesat.
Is that a standard fit cati or asked for when engineer turns up to install new system

I had sly q fitted they was going to take my zgemma feeds out till I told them to leave them in we have the 6 port lnb holder 2 for q and 2 for zgemma and 2 spare

There is also 4 port hybrid l.n.b
The front two ports are for freesat
The back two ports are marked wideband
V and wideband H For sky q They are also
Coloured coded The sky q reciever requires
A seperate cable for the vertical side of
The transponder and seperate cable for
The horizontal side of the Transponder

He wants to watch the channels still available for C/S.
I will find out what lnb he has, I was unaware of the hybrid lnb's.

Is that a standard fit cati or asked for when engineer turns up to install new system
Not sure as he showed me this new unit bigger and longer than most others as someone asked him for it and mentioned the Humax box.

It was not for me but other useful tool is a long screw driver with nut remover/tightener for f connectors and excellent for multi lnb connections

F connector spanner- bag & header card NEW | eBay

F connector spanner- bag & header card NEW | eBay

Thats what i have for close up and personal connection.Spanner above looks like a brake pipe spanner and user had a good bench grinder.

Attachments

• f connector tool.jpg
    f connector tool.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
Have tried that spanner as well
Get samples from the satellite
Suppliers When I had the traders card

I think this is what my sat engineer was showing me a very long unit.

Attachments

• Sky Q Hybrid Lnb.jpg
    Sky Q Hybrid Lnb.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 13
If it was mk4 satellite dish installed for
SKY q it should fit Just undo the star head
screw which holds the l.n.b in place Keep the skew angle of the l.n.b the same for
The hybrid l.n.b

Back