Using a VPN

Smithy882

Hi,
I just wanted to get a bit of a take on what the general view is with people on here about using a VPN with IPTV. Do people tend to use one the whole time they are viewing programmes? Or only at certain times like downloading etc? I know they throttle your internet speed and prob have other flaws but are they something people would recommend always using?

Thanks

Hi,
I just wanted to get a bit of a take on what the general view is with people on here about using a VPN with IPTV. Do people tend to use one the whole time they are viewing programmes? Or only at certain times like downloading etc? I know they throttle your internet speed and prob have other flaws but are they something people would recommend always using?

Thanks
I set one up using this guild..
http://www.techkings.org/threads/open-vpn-tsmedia.67774/

VPN is only required during EPL block. PIA is popular and cheap.

If you have a vpn running during the epl block do you have to select one of their servers outside the UK or are the UK vpn servers not blocked ? Sorry if it's a daft question but I'm new to all this vpn malarkey

If you have a vpn running during the epl block do you have to select one of their servers outside the UK or are the UK vpn servers not blocked ? Sorry if it's a daft question but I'm new to all this vpn malarkey

Try which ever server works for you. I tend to choose France, Netherlands or Germany.

Try which ever server works for you. I tend to choose France, Netherlands or Germany.

Cheers fella,
will do, the French and Netherlands servers are a bit slow with my vpn so I was hoping I could use one of their uk based servers which are a lot faster

I just tried Digibit VPN, without vpn I get 75mb on VM. With vpn selected to Netherlands it drops to 40mb. Still ample for iptv.

Don’t use a UK server that sort of defeats the point...
Plus I’m not sure it will always work..if a server is in the uk and that gets blocked then a vpn won’t help
I have a vpn but every week it seems to be cat and mouse if I get to watch sly sportts or not sometimes it’s okay other times it’s off black screen or just constant glitching and freezing only when the game is on..maybe my server is pants..

EPL court order requires ISP's to deny their users access to certain IP's. Servers aren't being blocked, it's your access that's being denied. By going through a VPN the ISP can only see you accessing the VPN IP and not the server IP which they may require to deny you access.

EPL court order requires ISP's to deny their users access to certain IP's. Servers aren't being blocked, it's your access that's being denied. By going through a VPN the ISP can only see you accessing the VPN IP and not the server IP which they may require to deny you access.
So it’s basically a server fault then..if I have a vpn and my viewing only becomes rubbish at match times what causes that then? Server overload maybe?

Ahh rightio, much appreciated fella, Let the games begin, or maybe not !! I'll give it a whirl

I just tried Digibit VPN, without vpn I get 75mb on VM. With vpn selected to Netherlands it drops to 40mb. Still ample for iptv.
Wow you are lucky ive gone from 75mb to 10mb on Sly on my H2S fastest server was Netherlands 3 for me

So it’s basically a server fault then..if I have a vpn and my viewing only becomes rubbish at match times what causes that then? Server overload maybe?

That's between you and your server. My isp denies me access to the server I'm with during EPL footy. I use a VPN to get around this access block.

Back