Using in Spain

DobboR1

Has anyone used this box in Spain and if so is it any good for freesat hd channels? I just want to use it in basic form with no Internet connection or lines etc. It's to replace an old Pace Sky box.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy S7

Will work fine although it would depend on location in spain as to determine what size dish you will need as all of the HD Freesat channels are on the UK spot beam

I use a number of boxes in Spain on the Costa Blanca including the zgemma 2s and H2s.
To get all of the FTA channels you need a minimum of a 1.4m dish.

Thanks guys, I am in an apartment block which has a 2m+ communal dish. I receive FTA channels but find channel 5 breaks up and can no longer receive the US channels CBS etc. Only have a single cable into the apartment so the H.S would suite I hope.

That will work fine.
Channel 5 has been a problem in some areas for a while now but can normally still be obtained on the SD channel.
If the dish is set on 28,2e then there is no reason why CBS is not available.

Would you say the HS would be the best single tuner box to use for HD channels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter where you are but from a satellite connection you will only have half a dozen HD channels anyway.

Benijofar. I have my HS box all set up ready to take on Monday. Will I need to change any frequency or just plug and play replacing my old Sky box?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Benijofar. I have my HS box all set up ready to take on Monday. Will I need to change any frequency or just plug and play replacing my old Sky box?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just plug and play if it's set on astra 28.2E

Higher FEC rating compared to the other HD channels which ,eans the higher you go the less margin for errors especially on DVB-S2 8PSK transponders you will need a bigger dish or just watch the SD versions

There is a huge communal dish we all use which is a good 2m plus dish. Do I not have to change the frequency settings on the Zgemma box as I did with the Sky Pace box?

Thanks for your reply but this is way above my head. Am I best just reverting back to the Sky box and SD channels or is there a way to configure the Zgemma box from the dish. Bear in mind I have no Internet connection to sort out channel order.

The ITV hd channels are now on sky and cannot be obtained in spain as far as i am aware.
Only sd channels are clearing.

Back