Satellite Using OpenATV 6.3 Image & MetrixHD Skin with NO Build

panorama93

TK Veteran
Having previously used the OpenATV 6.3 Image with GrogBuild or WooshBuild on Zgemma H5, H.2H & H.2S models I am now testing these boxes with OpenATV 6.3 Image & MetrixHD Skin but with NO Build. After flashing with OpenATV 6.3 I downloaded my required 7 Plugins and installed my required 2 IPK files. After a week's testing the only issue (on a H5 box) was that the IPTV bouquets vanished overnight and had to be re-installed. If you have been using the OpenATV 6.3 image without any Build on top have you noticed any significant issues and is there anything to worry about not using a Build?

If you are using Autobouquets Maker check menu -> setup -> reception -> autobouquetsMaker -> Configure and make sure 'keep all non-ABM bouquets' is set to yes

grog68 said:
If you are using Autobouquets Maker check menu -> setup -> reception -> autobouquetsMaker -> Configure and make sure 'keep all non-ABM bouquets' is set to yes
makido said:
Also make sure that include not indexed channels is set to yes
UPDATE. I checked the above settiings and both were already set to yes (by default?)

Another thing you can try is set keep all non bouquets to No
Press green to save. You will then see a "keep bouquets" section in autobouquetmaker
Put a tick in all the bouquets you want to keep then run a scan

Another thing you can try is set keep all non bouquets to No
Press green to save. You will then see a "keep bouquets" section in autobouquetmaker
Put a tick in all the bouquets you want to keep then run a scan
Thanks for that tip, however the issue is now resolved, so I do not need to tick all 1,065 bouquets in my ABM!

Glad you sorted it.
How about telling other members what you did for future reference.
As explained in my first post since Monday 10 February I have been testing OpenATV 6.3 image & MetrixHD skin without any Build (with 7 downloaded Plugins and 2 installed IPK files) on these Zgemma models: H.2H, H.2S and H5. The only issue was that the IPTV bouquets (in Suls IPTV Bouquet Maker v.0.8.4) once vanished overnight on the H5 boxes, but I simply re-installed them. All boxes have been working OK for the past week but should any new issues arise I will report them here. I will also describe the image/skin setup with a list of the plugins and IPK files that I used,

UPDATE: Using OpenATV Image & MetrixHD Skin with NO Build on Zgemma H5 box
Since 10 Feb 2020 I have been using OpenATV Image & MetrixHD Skin with NO Build on my Zgemma H5 box. Recently I upgraded my box to OpenATV 6.4 Stable without any issues. So now, almost 2 months later, I can report that 'no-build' is a success. After I flashed the box I made a Complete Backup of the no-build image. That can be used to quickly flash another H5.

Here are the 5 main steps I took to flash my H5 box:
1. Flash with latest OpenATV Stable
2. Set up for Satellite & Terrestrial
3. Remove unwanted Plugins. These may automatically re-install with OpenATV updates.
4. Download required Plugins, for example:
  • AutoBouquetsMaker
  • CachePlus
  • E2m3ubouquets
  • EPG-Import
  • OsCam-emu
  • Picons-snp-full 220x132
  • VFD Control
5. Install required IPK Files, for example: E2iStream, Skins.

My PLUGIN BROWSER List:
  • E2iStream
  • File Commander
  • IMDB Setup
  • IPTV Bouquet Maker
  • Media Player
  • Media Scanner
  • MyMetrixLite
  • OpenWebIf
  • Picture Player
My PORTAL EXTENSIONS List:
  • CachePlus
  • E2iStream
  • EPG-Importer
  • Info Panel
  • Software Management
Before going down the d.i.y. 'no-build' route I tried the two popular builds: GrogBuild FreeRange and WooshBuild Infinity. In fact I was solely using WB from version 4 to Infinity. Both builds are easy to install and configure, do what most users need, and I would recommend them to all. But they are not for me at the moment. GrogBuild setup does not include MyMetrixLite that I need for my preferred MetrixHD skin. WooshBuild setup installs E2iPlayer instead of E2iStream. I am not complaining, just stating the facts. Yes, my journey to no-build land has been challenging, grappling with xml and IPK files, learning FileZilla, Notepad+++, OpenWebif etc. So for me it's NO BUILD until further notice. PMs are welcomed.

Last edited:
Great mate
What about your favourite SKIN - like me I'm going virgin with OpenATV 6.4 and MyMetrixLite

installs E2iPlayer instead of E2iStream
so what are you currently using which works.

I have a Zgemma H7c and worked great with Virmin until they stopped it. Now only got 1 Freesat and 2 Freeview (Not working!)
So I can have up to 4 images to boot into!

Great mate
What about your favourite SKIN - like me I'm going virgin with OpenATV 6.4 and MyMetrixLite

so what are you currently using which works.

I have a Zgemma H7c and worked great with Virmin until they stopped it. Now only got 1 Freesat and 2 Freeview (Not working!)
So I can have up to 4 images to boot into!
On all my Zgemma boxes I now use OpenATV 6.4, WooshBuild Infinity & SkyQ V3.500 skin with no issues.

UPDATE: Using OpenATV Image & MetrixHD Skin with NO Build on Zgemma H5 box
Since 10 Feb 2020 I have been using OpenATV Image & MetrixHD Skin with NO Build on my Zgemma H5 box. Recently I upgraded my box to OpenATV 6.4 Stable without any issues. So now, almost 2 months later, I can report that 'no-build' is a success. After I flashed the box I made a Complete Backup of the no-build image. That can be used to quickly flash another H5.

Here are the 5 main steps I took to flash my H5 box:
1. Flash with latest OpenATV Stable
2. Set up for Satellite & Terrestrial
3. Remove unwanted Plugins. These may automatically re-install with OpenATV updates.
4. Download required Plugins, for example:
  • AutoBouquetsMaker
  • CachePlus
  • E2m3ubouquets
  • EPG-Import
  • OsCam-emu
  • Picons-snp-full 220x132
  • VFD Control
5. Install required IPK Files, for example: E2iStream, Skins.

My PLUGIN BROWSER List:
  • E2iStream
  • File Commander
  • IMDB Setup
  • IPTV Bouquet Maker
  • Media Player
  • Media Scanner
  • MyMetrixLite
  • OpenWebIf
  • Picture Player
My PORTAL EXTENSIONS List:
  • CachePlus
  • E2iStream
  • EPG-Importer
  • Info Panel
  • Software Management
Before going down the d.i.y. 'no-build' route I tried the two popular builds: GrogBuild FreeRange and WooshBuild Infinity. In fact I was solely using WB from version 4 to Infinity. Both builds are easy to install and configure, do what most users need, and I would recommend them to all. But they are not for me at the moment. GrogBuild setup does not include MyMetrixLite that I need for my preferred MetrixHD skin. WooshBuild setup installs E2iPlayer instead of E2iStream. I am not complaining, just stating the facts. Yes, my journey to no-build land has been challenging, grappling with xml and IPK files, learning FileZilla, Notepad+++, OpenWebif etc. So for me it's NO BUILD until further notice. PMs are welcomed.
On all my Zgemma boxes I now use OpenATV 6.4, WooshBuild Infinity & SkyQ V3.500 skin with no issues.
So what made you go back to using a build on top of OpenATV mate?

So what made you go back to using a build on top of OpenATV mate?
With No Build it can be complicated and time-consuming when plugins are updated, also many plugins and skins are only available in Builds, such as the excellent SkyQ V3.500 skin only in WooshBuild. It is also easier and quicker for regular updates.

I can agree with you. Simplicity is a great thing with builds of the like of Wooshbuild.

But it's great way going for a vanilla system for you to play with, break and generally understand.

I have Wooshbuild on on of my of 4 images slots 9n my H7c. Great machine!

Back