WooshBuild Using USB NTFS Hard Drive

igazz

Hi, I have been using my 6TB Desktop USB Hard Drive formatted as NTFS on my Zgemma H5.2tc with Wooshbuild infinity for the last few months without any problems. I know it should be set up as Ext 4 but I tried it while it was NTFS as I had existing stuff on it and didn't want to delete/move it. I can record and Timeshift OK. It is mounted as /media/hdd and the mount type is fusebik R/W. This way I can plug the hard drive into my laptop or tablet to copy any programs over. I can also use the drive on my laptop for general use if required.
I recently tried to install a 8GB microsd card formatted as Ext4 in the side Micro SD slot to use for Timeshift because my Desktop Hard Drive was a little Noisey which is probably the timeshift as I wasn't recording or viewing any programs on the Hard Drive. I can get the MicroSD to timeshift but only without my Hard Drive plugged in. If I plug in my hard drive, I can't mount it.
Device = /dev/SDA1 Mount type = "unavailable" and Mount = "None". If I try to "Setup Mounts" they revert back when the box reboots.
1. Is there a way to mount my Hard Drive as NTFS and use it at the same time as a MicroSD handling the timeshift?
2. should I bite the bullet and try to move my stuff off the Hard Drive, format it as Ext4 and then move everything back then use my network to copy programs off.
3. will using the Hard Drive as NTFS cause any other problems later on?
Thanks, Gary

Back