Using VM Router as modem only

Abcdeepen

Hi all

I use my VM router as only a modem and use a Tp link one for wifi and ethernet services as the vm router used to constantly drop wifi signal. However I am having trouble when scanning in ABM.

Does anyone know if it.is because I am connected directly to the VM router that is causing these issues.

I know my ABM is the old version but this has taken place for a while. I am still get channels but just without bouquets.

Has anyone else got a similar set up and not experiencing this?

I have use my VM router in modem mode a couple of times before, when i ran a netgear router, had no problems at all m8

It tells me that my unable to scan as the tuner is not set up - however when I run a manual scan from abm maker it picks up all channels and they all clear fine- network code is 40977

I am getting a refreshed box tomorrow with the latest open ATV build and grogbuild on it but am wary if I will have same issues

There's been lots of frequency changes over the last few months so maybe you're area needs updating. I'm not sure if/when 40977 has been updated.

If you can't update config/providers file you can install ABM from here new abm 3.0 > 3.1

Once installed try update providers and rescan ABM.

Is there a way of finding updated codes or network I'd?
This is the current frequencies ABM uses oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker

You will find the file on your box in \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoBouquetsMaker\providers open the cable_uk_virgin.xml with a compatible text editor ie notepad++

You can see the history of the cable.xml file here oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker

Try update provider files first then try ABM scan, if you receive version error update ABM here new abm 3.0 > 3.1

If provider files are upto date and ABM scan fails try here A Few channels not clearing (ABM not refreshing) then zip and post the requested files to that thread.

But if a newbie to all this but I have sent my box to be updated to one of the guys on this site who also makes builds so.hooefukky this will resolve any issues I may have with abm as it will have the latest version but will keep you updated tomorrow evening when I get the box back

This is the current frequencies ABM uses oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker

You will find the file on your box in \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoBouquetsMaker\providers open the cable_uk_virgin.xml with a compatible text editor ie notepad++

You can see the history of the cable.xml file here oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker

Try update provider files first then try ABM scan, if you receive version error update ABM here new abm 3.0 > 3.1

If provider files are upto date and ABM scan fails try here A Few channels not clearing (ABM not refreshing) then zip and post the requested files to that thread.

Hi mate

I have checked and seen that there was an update to my net Id and frequency where number changed from 3 to 5 on modulation. How can I check if mine is correct and up to date please?

Ftp \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoBouquetsMaker\providers open the cable_uk_virgin.xml with a compatible text editor ie notepad++ and rescan or update providers and rescan ABM and see if scan works

Back