Utterly Bizzare!

inaminute23

TK Veteran
Hi, this is really strange.....

I have a H2h in the living room. It is connected to satellite and cable.

In my dining room I have a openbox connected to satellite (separate lnb from living room one)

If I'm watching the openbox in dining room and someone either removes sat cable from h2h or even the hdmi cable the openbox goes off (no signal).

Not got a clue what the problem is! Also it makes no difference whether the H2h is powered up or not.

Please can someone help??

I was testing another box in my living room and I heard the box in dining room go off. If I touch both the hdmi and sat cable together, it comes back on! Just to confirm all cables to each of the boxes are totally independent of each other.

If I touch both the hdmi and sat cable together, it comes back on!
upload_2018-6-14_23-6-1.png

Stating the obvious, there seems to be something seriously wrong. If you are getting no signal on the openbox when the H2H is messed with, to me would indicate that something is sending some extra volts back to the LNB.

I am no electrician, sat box expert or anything so could be talking utter crap but would make send in my eyes. What happens if you swap the boxes to the alternate room?

If it is sending volts though it could shag your LNB

That's the only thing i can think it can be. I also notice a small spark when i insert the hdmi in to the h2h, again even when the box is powered box.

The spark is because the tuner socket is giving out voltage to power the LNB. It sounds like there is a short somewhere, but again guessing.

I know @cactikid has just had a heart attack knowing you are plugging in sat cables with a box powered on. I must admit your issue is making my heart race a little as you could end up with a dead box or LNB if you keep going.

haha, calm down. I'd be more worried if it was 230v! I'll need to get my meter on the cables to determine which is the faulty lnb, first. Can anyone reccomend a sat engineer in Manchester?

Back