V8 Combo problem

idavies7

Hi can you help please...just tried doing firmware update on v8 combo and now box just says
SE check failed!! This box will stop working...when I try to go into menu settings or change channels
Many thanks everyone

Hi thanks for your reply Reaper... only problem is as soon has i press menu button the message "SE Check failed" the box will stop working.... then thats it

---------- Post Merged at 12:29 PM ----------

Many thanks Reaper...will look into the program that can reflash v8 combo

Try switching off and on at power source [plug]
If not then it's as I said, you need to reflash with correct firmware.
What firmware did you use?
Where did you get f/w from?
Reaper.

V8 combi

Try switching off and on at power source [plug]
If not then it's as I said, you need to reflash with correct firmware.
What firmware did you use?
Where did you get f/w from?
Reaper.

Hi reaper i got box off a shop on ebay
Dont know what firmware

You will need to reflash---you need the ali3511 erom upgrade tool000rs232 null modem cable plus a prolific usb adaptor and the firmware from the site I gave you.
Reaper.

New firmware for V8 Combo out today--you need to download and install or you will have problem of box rebooting on every channel change.
Use CWaites channel list .
Reaper.

Last edited:
That has all been done so all I am looking for is a channel list which is the only thing that is not on the internet!
Cwaites list is a dbs file and the combo needs a vlc list.

You can edit any channel list [I use CW's] download the editor plus instructions and play.
This box is not totally user friendly but everything you need is available on site.
We all have to learn although sometimes not easy.
Reaper

The combo is different to the standard openbox i think.

---------- Post Merged at 06:10 PM ----------

This is a bin file and not a dbs file,how can I convert a dbs to a bin file.

V8S OpenBox Latest Firmware

can you please send me the best link to download the latest firmware software for the V8S OpenBox so that I can upgrade channels and firmware in network settings I currently do not have that option.

Thank You

i used the new firm ware from the free sat site, however im getting no signal on any of the channels! Im assuming the satellites are set up wrong for someone in ireland, any pointers reaper? i tried doing a sat scan with Astra selecte but its not picking up anything :/

---------- Post Merged at 02:47 PM ----------

You can edit any channel list [I use CW's] download the editor plus instructions and play.
This box is not totally user friendly but everything you need is available on site.
We all have to learn although sometimes not easy.
Reaper

i used the new firm ware from the free sat site, however im getting no signal on any of the channels! Im assuming the satellites are set up wrong for someone in ireland, any pointers reaper? i tried doing a sat scan with Astra selecte but its not picking up anything :/

Reset and reinstall software---must be latest----my box is ok and there is no different set up for Ireland.
Reaper.

I know.. i have the most fantastic compleet list of all powervu keys actual till today for the whole world..

But.. i am in asia and the list is too big for my box..

Still it does not work...

Will do. Thanks.. btw.. your also technical? I want to know what te best lnb combo is.. I got one of 17 k and want to have a 13 k and dont know what the best one is..

I use a c band lnb in my 21 feet mesh disk.. and have almosts the same signal with mij 9 fèet solid dish so maybe i get better results with a 13 k lnb.

Back