V8 Golden and Super Firmware.

I have seen the pre-firmware and it's just like sky---laid out like sky and works well---we have to wait for Mr Fang to go back to china and get the firmware boys working hard---I will have a preview copy to show within a few weeks--which I will put up here---I will then have a pre-copy of file to put on my box and if all goes well I shall put it on the support site.Also developing a twin tuner box to allow you to watch one channel and record another.
Also we have redesigned the boxes in shape etc but that will come later.
Mr Fang has also designed a dual chipset so no more playing with null modem cables etc but this will all take time.
He has given me a gift----very soon these boxes will be embossed REAPERBOX so we will know if original or clone.
Now we wait but I can ensure you that when firmware is made and arrives, you will be delighted.
Reaper.

Hiya

Just out of curiosity when there is a big boxing event on is there a sky sports box office channel on the channel list for sport? I did have a quick look but could not see it.

If it is there is there a channel number for it? Or do you manually have to scan? Many thanks

Not a big WWE fan but notice WWE battleground is on Sky Sports Box office on Sunday night, my mate has older openbox but is able to locate the sky sports box office channel on his box which is showing a preview of the event. Any idea how to view this on openbox v8 super ? Many thanks

---------- Post Merged at 03:41 AM ----------

Oops apologies still new to me done a scan and sky sports box office appeared. Sorry and thanks again

Quick question?

V8 Golden and Alpha Box X6, which is the better receiver?

Need to know which to place my dime on. Thanks.

If in UK then the V8 Golden gives more---sat/cable/terrestrial/iptv/webtv and built in apps.
The Alphabox X6 is only terrestrial/sat. An older box than the new V8 series and seemingly very limited support.
Reaper.

Thank you reaper.
Certainly makes my choice easy.

How do I upload Softcam patch to V8 Golden?
If in UK then the V8 Golden gives more---sat/cable/terrestrial/iptv/webtv and built in apps.
The Alphabox X6 is only terrestrial/sat. An older box than the new V8 series and seemingly very limited support.
Reaper.

Is there a automatic channel updater for this box yet? It's very frustrating having to do in manual all the time
If it's for 28E, there's a list here, it's hard to keep a channel list updated as they keep making changes every week,
more possible changes coming up - looks like transponder 11264 H 27500 will be changing to 11582 H 22000, (includes TCM+1 & and some Asian channels).
Motorsport.tv has come on 11306 H 27500 so could be changing from 11344 H

Last edited:
Back