V8 Golden dvbs2/t2/c HELP CABLE SCAN 0% signal

coder_uk

V8 Golden dvbs2/t2/c HELP CABLE SCAN 0% signal

Bought this little box so i could make use of the three tuners

Sadly i cannot get any signal on my cable Provider Virgin media the seller confirmed its compatable

ive updated the box to latest firmware release

followed this with corect setting for my area Nothing works

the only difference in this guide is under Range scan my modulation doesnt have Auto Option

am i missing something here i just want to scan channels so i can hook it up to my VM server removed a perfectly working Dreambox 500c from the line so i know its good

Here are the instructions on how to locate your cable channels on the Openbox V8 PRO if you do not know your local cable frequencies.

Power on box and TV---ensure cable in RF in not LNB
Enter menu---installation---click on "cable"
When open locate "range search" and click open
In the list showing install the following:----

FREQUENCY START---------------------045.000mhz
FREQUENCY END------------------------862.000mhz
SYMBOL RATE--------------------------6952ksps
MODULATION---------------------------Auto

Finally click "search"

Reaper
Last edited by the reaper; 06-02-2016 at 01:15 PM.​

Banging my head against the wall now this box is making me feel like a noob which is most certainly not the case ;-)

Last edited:
Is there not an option for just adding your areas net id and freq on that box. I'm pretty sure I did it with the v8 pro.....as in manual scan?

My post didn't come up for some reason

There's no where to enter a network id

I can set freq symbol rate & modulation on all 3 search options that's all

Has anyone got one of these working on virgin media can send me there firmware & settings

Server line not an issue as I have my own just wish I could scan the dam thing [emoji22]

heres the options i got i cant upload pics yet not enough posts

manual search options

frequency
symbol rate
Modulation 16-256 NO AUTO

range search

freq start
freq end
symbolrate
modulation 16-256 NO AUTO

Auto search

feq
symbol rate
modulation 16-256 NO AUTO

going slowly insane

anyone got one of these working can send me there firmware to try

Last edited:
Fantastic reaper

That hit the spot

619.000 was the one

Didn't know that freq I've always used 755.000 for my area

All sorted thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I've got my V8 Golden tuned in to cable and get most of the channels. However, there are some missing, like Sky Sports 1 HD and ITV 1 HD.

I did the auto tune option and most of the channels were found pretty instantly.

Many thanks

I assume you bought your box from China or e bay etc and you have no support.
Is your ISP VM?
What hub?
What area?
How is box connected?
You need to answer the above if you want help.
Reaper.

Hi thanks for the reply

I am with virgin media isp
I have a super hub
I am from the Wirral Merseyside
The box is connected by the virgin media cable and connect direct to the super hub for the internet

Frequencies in use for Merseyside are---
LIVERPOOL 1 - NORTH TW, 40966 571000 6952
LIVERPOOL 2 (Knowsley) - NORTH TW, 40965 571000 6952
Liverpool South 41016 411000 6952
Wirral 1 - Merseyside C&W, 41048 666750 6952
Wirral 2 - Merseyside C&W, 41060 666750 6952
If using a SH3 then your box will not connect.----check out the superhub 3 thread.--you need a SH2 or 1.
You can do a channel search by going to Manual search---enter frequency---baud---QAM256 or auto---turn NIT to on then search.
Reaper.

Hi Guys. Tried this myself today as weather was blizzards in my area. Sat was a bit dodgy. Tried cable and although I get great cable signal strength and quality using the 619.000 test frequency, when I input the details for South Lanarkshire TW on auto scan or manual scan, it stops right away and comes up with no channels. I know I'm doin something wrong but just can't figure out what.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Thanks for trying to help with that Reaper but even using those exact settings, signal strength and quality is great but scan stops within 2 seconds saying no channels found. I've even got the minimum tv package still with VM so the feed is live. No idea why it's not working. Even tried reflashing the box and starting from scratch with same result. Think I'll just give up on the cable and be happy with sat.

Thanks again

Please tell me exactly how you are connected--ie cables to where and what else is connected plus are you trying to use a vm superhub 3.
Reaper.

I was having the superhub 3 problem but changed back to my old superhub 2.5 ac. That's working fine with all internet related parts of the box. IPTV is fine and Cline/Nline working fine on satellite.
Wifi connected through dongle. Took cable out the back of my V+ BOX and put it in RF socket on back of V8 Golden with RF adapter. Nothing else connected to box while trying to scan for channels. I've even taken the sat cable out of the v8 golden as well.
Signal strength and quality are showing almost full on cable settings so no idea what's going wrong

Did you also go to main frequency settings and enter 619000---6952---QAM256--press ok then go back to manual and enter settings including NIT on or off as you need.
Reaper.

Back