V8 Golden dvbs2/t2/c HELP CABLE SCAN 0% signal

Yeah Reaper. That was the first thing I did after reflashing. Will try again from scratch later tonight and let you know the results

Ha Ha. Yeah, you're probably right. Box only cost me £40 from Ebay though so not too bothered. Tried again last night from scratch. All settings correct in main frequency setting. Tried manual scan with NIT on and off. Tried auto scan as well.
Signal strength 95% and signal quality 85%. Search starts and goes from 0% to 100% in 2 seconds stopping at cable 0001 with no channels found. Thinking it might be a cloned box.
That's a very kind offer Reaper. I have 3 cable connections so will try it on the other 2 first and see what happens. Will let you know if I get any joy. The cable was only a bonus so was going to use it as a backup if weather was too bad for sat reception. Might take you up on your offer as a last resort. Can't thank you enough for your help.
Also figured out how to move channels manually without the need for an editor or channel list. Time consuming but so much better.
Thanks again
Kruegerfan

Hello M8.
The boxes on e-bay are not ours so yes maybe a clone.
The offer is there if you get stuck.
Just e-mail [address in profile] and myself or one of my team will get back to you with address etc.
Cheers.
Col.

Hi Reaper. Thanks for all your help. Just had a mess around with the settings and got cable working. Kept the frequency and baud settings but changed to qam64 and that did the trick. Gonna just buy a cheap 24hr test line from fleabay to see if all channels work.
Thanks again.
Craigy

A bit of help needed. I don't think I am hijacking this post,,but more in the way of adding to it.
When trying to set up cable, I have went to
Menu, Installation, Cable, Main Frequency, tried test settings, and Belfast settings (755.000 6.887)
I have tried all suggested in this post.
A fleabay box, using a splitter, and f adapter into rf, in one location, and just a direct cable using f adapter in another location. All I am getting is no reading on signal Quality and signal intensity bounces back and forth from 0 to 60%.
I have tried it in two different locations.
Could it be a faulty tuner?
Just an update as to solution, it was a faulty rf adapter.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Set on auto search---755000---6887----QAM256 [if 256 doesn't work then try others starting at 64]
Ensure you use same settings in main frequency but set to auto
Leave sat lead disconnected and make sure vm feed in rf socket.
Splitter should be fiited to main vm line then branch 1 to router and branch 2 to box and preferably use ethernet from box to router.
If using a vm superhub 3 then you will need to set to modem mode and connect a wifi router or obtain a sh2 and get vm to reconnect your broadband to it.
People on e-bay forget to say that these boxes are not compatible with sh3.
Reaper.

Back