V8 pro Signal problems

Angelus

Hi all,
I have recently bought a V8 pro combo receiver and am using it for cable (vm).

At first it was OK but now it's becoming unwatchable! Most channels are suffering with the signal dropping constantly so I'm getting break up and pixelation all the time.

The server I use is spot on and the actual vm box in the house works great so the signal is obviously OK.

Any suggestions as to why I'm having signal trouble?

Thanks

Hi Reaper,
Thanks for the reply. I will try the update but as for the cable it's not split it's another feed for Multiroom so I'm guessing that should be OK?

Obtain a test cable line and see if that improves all-----None of the boxes I've sold/used or played with have had your problem so basically this is a new one to look at so the next move is a complete reset up of your system and see if you switch one box off and only use the other [one at a time] the fault may turn up.
Reaper.

Ok switching the official vm box off didn't help with the problem so I know it's not that.

My set up is

V8pro connected via Ethernet to the router,
Connected to the service by Multiroom connection,
The receiver has the latest firmware installed,
I live in Manchester so iv scanned on
666750, 6952 and on auto QAM.

I'm able to get all the channels but the signal drops out constantly.

Hopefully you can spot something I'm missing from that.

I will get a test line to see if it improves.

Thanks again reaper.

Last edited:
Got a test line last night but it made no difference!
If I'm forced to buy a new receiver could you recommend a reliable one?

I can't really tell you what to buy---you will get many saying, buy this, buy that but to be honest you need to do that little bit of research and act on your needs and budget. I only deal with the new V8 series such as the Pro, Gplden, Super and V7 so I'm a bit biased towards them but make your own decision and try not to be influenced by others telling you what to buy. Research, read and then buy.
Reaper.

Back