Covid19 Vaccination

They're doing it at the Saints ground but we don't want you lot there.
There doing it at Robin Park in Wigan and in Leigh,its just fully booked up.I bet you Wools can not get into the totaly wicked stadium either

Yeah I think you're right, I never hear of help being offered to elderly with transport.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but in the letter to make an appointment, did it mention any risks involved with taking the 'vaccine'?
No,just how to book,to be honest I hate needles and if it gets things open again I would have it tomorrow.I miss the Gym

My mum had her letter to book for a covid jab (82) I did it for her online and she had a choice of going to Widnes or Manchester.Its a good job she has got someone to take her, Can see a lot of people not being able to get there especially the ones who have nobody to help them.

Guess it varies by area, my Grandad got taken to his appointment in hospital transport.

Hope all goes OK for your Mum, it's great that those who've been most restricted are getting through for the vaccine so quickly.

Is their any undercurrent with these vaccines? What if they are administered to millions of people then a new virus appears that cannot be cured for those who have already had the vaccine?
I'm giving it a miss personally until much more proof can be produced that it actually has works and is safe. we are talking lives here!
The vaccine is easily modified.

Speaking to my cousin who lives dubai today she said basically all residents there no matter age can now have vaccines and her family have already taken it when it was offered well apart from her dad.

He's been there since December and living with her as can't come back yet because of the lockdown but she was trying to get him to take the vaccine but low and behold he refused on the grounds that it wasn't "halal" and contained other crap in it.

She was shocked for his reasons but told her he and his brother both are conspiracy theorists who believe what's being spouted online.

Good though how dubai has got the vaccines all in place already for everyone. Glad she and her family got it.

I will be having it, everyone must decide for themselves however, I doubt you will be able to travel without it in the future.

Speaking to my cousin who lives dubai today she said basically all residents there no matter age can now have vaccines and her family have already taken it when it was offered well apart from her dad.

He's been there since December and living with her as can't come back yet because of the lockdown but she was trying to get him to take the vaccine but low and behold he refused on the grounds that it wasn't "halal" and contained other crap in it.

She was shocked for his reasons but told her he and his brother both are conspiracy theorists who believe what's being spouted online.

Good though how dubai has got the vaccines all in place already for everyone. Glad she and her family got it.
It is worrying that quite alot of the Asian culture are not going to have the vaccination as they are a high risk group.

I will be having it, everyone must decide for themselves however, I doubt you will be able to travel without it in the future.

Yes it is everyones choice tbh but having the vaccine is the only way forward and only way to normality moving forward.

Do agree travel in the future will be limited if you dont have a vaccine.

It is worrying that quite alot of the Asian culture are not going to have the vaccination as they are a high risk group.

Sadly that is true.

For me and my family we have few family friends who are doctors and one who is like a son to my parents and brother to me who always keeps us up to date. So we know what he and others have to go through on a daily basis and how important the vaccine is.

He himself have said those from asian backgrounds are believing too many false stories on social media and from religious leaders regarding the vaccine which in turn is why they wont take vaccinations.

He isnt wrong I have uncles who have said they wont take vaccines because of what is in them and and whole load of other crap they have been fed on social media platforms.

Majority of my relatives have simliar mind of thinking which is deeping concerning to say the least so you can imagine how it is with alot of asian people who are believing false stories which is putting them off taking vaccines.

My mrs works for the Ambulance service, she got her vaccine two weeks ago today, within a few minutes of getting it, she starting feeling dizzy and was sick a few times, she was unable to drive home and she was not feeling too good at all , its only the last couple of days that she has been feeling better, they told her it looks like she had a bad reaction to the jab, even though she gets a vitimin b12 injection every few months , worst thing for me was that she had to put a sick line in for 3 weeks and she had me running about here and everywhere, mucked my usual routine up no end, none of us are looking forward to her 2nd jab when it comes round, but she says she will still be taking it and hoping for the best.

My mrs works for the Ambulance service, she got her vaccine two weeks ago today, within a few minutes of getting it, she starting feeling dizzy and was sick a few times, she was unable to drive home and she was not feeling too good at all , its only the last couple of days that she has been feeling better, they told her it looks like she had a bad reaction to the jab, even though she gets a vitimin b12 injection every few months , worst thing for me was that she had to put a sick line in for 3 weeks and she had me running about here and everywhere, mucked my usual routine up no end, none of us are looking forward to her 2nd jab when it comes round, but she says she will still be taking it and hoping for the best.

Mate sorry to hear about her experience with the vaccine.

Hopefully was just a one off in terms of the bad reaction to it and fingers crossed the second jab is problem free.

That's a right worrying story you've shared there, glad to hear your wife is feeling better and hope will make a full recovery soon.

I'm interested to know which version your wife received, was it Pfizer or Oxford-AstraZeneca, or Moderna ?

Last edited:
Israel has an incredibly high infection rate, their experience of the Pfizer vaccine is incredibly encouraging

Early results on Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine encouraging, says Israeli HMO

Fewer than 0.01% of people who received Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine have contracted the virus more than a week after receiving the second dose, a leading Israeli healthcare provider said on Monday.

The preliminary results shared by Israeli HMO Maccabi showed that only 20 people out of some 128,600 who received both shots have since been infected with the COVID-19 virus.

“Maccabi reports that out of the 20 people infected, 50% suffer from chronic illnesses. All patients experienced a mild illness with symptoms including headaches, cough, weakness or fatigue. No-one was hospitalized or suffered from a fever above 38.5C. Most patients tested for COVID-19 due to exposure to a verified patient,” it said.

Anat Ekka Zohar, Maccabi’s Information and Digital Health Division director, said “the fact that the infected patients came from different profiles is consistent with Pfizer’s trial results.”

A bad reaction is still better than getting covid. My sister had simular symptoms after the jab she said it was like a really bad flu.

She always has a reaction to the flu jab aswell

Got my 1st jab 3 weeks ago yesterday. Sore arm for 24 hours after but no other side effects. I know 2 ladies who have both had covid in November and December. Both took a flu like reaction to their jabs one last week, one the week before, which left them in bed for 24 hours. Both have been fine since.

Back