Vaping chat- anything related to vaping

pabloescaban

VIP Member
How about a vaping / e-cigarette section.
I'm sure there's a lot of vapers visit here and the equipment, batteries, wattages and voltages etc can be quite confusing for a lot of folks.

Not sure of the support for this, would there be any point setting up a poll somewhere?

I've spent £30 on first proper kit, a Kangatech, then 'acquired' an Anniken coolfire for free, and I paid £25 for a Smok r80, which should have been £75.

Liquids have probably cost me £25 but these have lasted from January and I've prob got enough for another month, I bought the ingredients online and made a litre, cost me about £25.
So just over £100 and that's lasted me about 9 months, but I'll still have the e-cigs, so the next 9 months will only cost me £25 for liquids.

About £80 per year.

I was buying rolly bacca for a tenner a pouch and smoked a lot, 15 pouches a month, so £150 X 12 months = £1800 plus papers and filters cost £2 a week so there's another £104, TOTAL £1904 per year compared to £80

TBH it wouldn't bother me if it cost the same or even more than smoking tobacco, cost was never a factor in my decision to quit smoking

I was buying rolly bacca for a tenner a pouch and smoked a lot, 15 pouches a month
Fxxcking hell mate, that's a whole lot of ciggies!!

About time to give them up altogether, I think the unknowns about camping is going to creep up and bite people in the a$$ at some stage in the future, hopefully, I'm wrong.

Good luck with your quest for giving them up, I am off them nigh on ten years now, and never looked back.

And to answer your original question, it was suggested some time ago that there be a section, but it kin of died a death very quickly. If enough people have the technical expertise and are willing to share, I don't imagine there would be any problem, so if there is enough interest in this thread, everybody could post in it and it would show how vibrant a discussion group, it could be.

Get posting any who are interested, what if I, for now moved it to the general chat and stickied it to make it more prominent? Let me know!

Last edited:
My dad smoked since he was 15 - he gave up about 10 years ago when he was 67 but it was too late as the damage had already been done... he's 77 now and in a wheelchair due to severe copd.

Yep, smoked like a chimney me.
I agree there's a lot we don't know about vaping as it's still in it's infancy so to speak, but several countries have carried out extensive tests and these look favourable, although no one can know what the long term effects are going to be.
That said, the unknowns about vaping can't possibly be as bad as the knowns about smoking

You'd like to hope so mate.

What about my moving the thread suggestion?

yeah general chat would probably be a better location....don't think we actually need a section for vaping etc, I suppose general chat would be as good a place as any

Will power that is needed Pablo not Ecigs. I have been off them for 16 years now after burning 40 a day since I first started work. Good luck lad.

I'm on a reduction plan, 9 months at 8% nicotine, 6 months at 6% nicotine, 6 months at 4% nicotine and so on until it's 0%, then throw everything in the bin.
I've come down from 18% within 12 months...I'm due to start the 6% period in early October

I'm on a reduction plan, 9 months at 8% nicotine, 6 months at 6% nicotine, 6 months at 4% nicotine and so on until it's 0%, then throw everything in the bin.
I've come down from 18% within 12 months...I'm due to start the 6% period in early October
The best reduction plan is to decide you don't like the bloody things at bedtime and chuck all to do with them in the bin, it is a new day when you wake up .... Job done. It is all in the mind and the craving lasts about a week and gradually decreases:)

any maths geniuses about?

for the life of me i can't work this out

last time I made a mixture of e-liquid I used these quantities:
500ml base mix
15ml sweetner
50ml flavour

total liquid size: 565ml
to this i added 25ml of nicotine concentrate, and this is where I'm getting confused, the concentrate was 72% nicotine

what percentage nicotine was in the entire finsihed product? - I'm making another mix today but 72mg nicotine isn't available except in huge quantities and they only sell 20mg now and I don't know how much to buy

what percentage nicotine was in the entire finsihed product? - I'm making another mix today but 72mg nicotine isn't available except in huge quantities and they only sell 20mg now and I don't know how much to buy

Your total liquid volume is 590ml in your example.
Your total Nicotine volume is 25ml x 72% or (25*0.72) which gives 18ml of nicotine in 590 ml of liquid.
For every 100ml you'll therefore have 3.05ml of nicotine or 3.05% (18ml/5.9).

You do go on to mention mg as opposed to % in your final paragraph, I've kind of ignored this and assumed they are percentages again.
Assuming you have the same volume of liquid prior to adding the nicotine (565) and you add 100ml of (20%) nicotine you will then have a solution with 3.01% of nicotine.
(20ml of nicotine in 665ml of liquid, 20ml/6.65 gives the percentage).
Hope that helps.

cheers

the 50ml of 72mg stuff cost me £8 in January

the 20mg crap is £2 but now I'm gonna need nine of them as they're only 10ml
Do you still have a fag inbetween mate I tried to stop and used a e cig the starter kit @ £18 for kit the first e cig you mentioned on 18mg liquid but I found I was still having a fag inbetween having e cig I spend £30 a week on sleeve of fags maybe more and wondered how you went about it with the e cig

it's 7.2 percent, sold as 72mg
http://everythingliquid.co.uk/shop/pg-based-liquid-nicotine-72mg/
but it's only available in bulk...now i can only get 20mg nicotine, how much of that would I need to get it as strong as the first mix? - or slightly stronger

OK, so the numbers are essentially going to be the same then to get the same strength you'll need about 100ml of the 20mg, if you want it at least the same or slightly stronger I'd go for 110mls, you could perhaps add an extra ml of flavour as you are diluting flavour too but that's down to preference.
I think it unfortunately sounds like you'll be spending an extra few pounds this time.

used to smoke rollies, 50g Golden virginia would last me just over two days, so easily 3 a week.

I'd had a couple of ecigs over the years but decided to go all out and spend £30+ on a decent one, a drag off this is like having half a cig in one go.
I ran out of bacca about 9 weeks back, phoned my usual contacts and no chance so instead of buying it from shop, thought I'd give it a whirl with the proper ecig....you can't use the poundland/cheapo 18mg liquid with these, you need a weak mix as you're getting a bin liner full with each pull!

After a day or two, found it wasn't a problem, actually found a rolly under me armchair after a week and smoked it and thought it wasn't a patch on the ecig so never bothered since

no coughing in mornings, don't get a stitch walking to the car, although i smoked heavily for over thirty years, any damage is probably already done, at least it shouldn't get any worse

used to smoke rollies, 50g Golden virginia would last me just over two days, so easily 3 a week.

I'd had a couple of ecigs over the years but decided to go all out and spend £30+ on a decent one, a drag off this is like having half a cig in one go.
I ran out of bacca about 9 weeks back, phoned my usual contacts and no chance so instead of buying it from shop, thought I'd give it a whirl with the proper ecig....you can't use the poundland/cheapo 18mg liquid with these, you need a weak mix as you're getting a bin liner full with each pull!

After a day or two, found it wasn't a problem, actually found a rolly under me armchair after a week and smoked it and thought it wasn't a patch on the ecig so never bothered since

no coughing in mornings, don't get a stitch walking to the car, although i smoked heavily for over thirty years, any damage is probably already done, at least it shouldn't get any worse
Is it better to buy the mixtures ready made or make your own i was using ready made but then person who I was getting fags from always has fags in ive smoke from aout 14 years old now 34 so a good 19 years tried once to stop but was still buying fags with e cig not only that kids keep nagging saying bad for my health

Back