Vauxhall Corsa Oil Pressure Switch Leaking Oil

DeckerZ

I drive a 2003 1L Corsa and a few months ago it started to leak oil. I followed the small pool of oil up and it was the Oil Pressure Switch. I looked on ebay and bought one for about £6 then replaced it myself. The leak stopped, but just a few days ago it has started again. Does anyone know how this is happening again so soon and would I be able repair it again by replacing the switch again? There is also a small connector that attaches to the switch and clicks into place. Could this also be the proble, or could that be the actual problem and not the switch?

make sure its not just a bad switch.i am suspect of any autoparts bought on ebay.clean the area with brakeclean and confirm that is the leak.purchase name brand op switch from your local parts store.

A common problem with the corsa, wife had the same car and this happened twice in 3 years, if leaking bad enough the oil light will show on the dashboard.

As above dont buy budget replacements and when replacing clean surface area well then it should be fine.

Problem Solved

Thanks guys, I followed your advice and ordered a switch from my local car parts supplier. I replaced the faulty switch, but 2 thinks I noticed. The first thing was the bolt was smaller, and secondly the shaft that screws into the engine was shorter. I don't knowvwhst significants this is and if it would have any effect.

might not look like the ebay switch,but does it look like the origional switch?if its an aftermarket part it could look different.as long as it fits and functions as intended.

Back