Vauxhall insignia limp mode

Dc355

Hi , I have a 2010 Vauxhall insignia 2.0d sri and the car dropped in to limp mode yesterday with no warning lights on the dash , I pulled over turned it off restarted it and it drove fine , then the same happened again today again no warning lights on the dash , I have noticed today I’m not getting as many mpg on the onboard computer , usually get approx 40 mpg now reading 32mpg .
A friend put a Vauxhall fault reader on and it comes up with no codes .
Any help would be appreciated
Dave

Owned the same model few years ago. Had the same issue and it was a split in one of the hoses if i rememeber correctly.

Dpf blocked egr valve not opening and closing Maf sensor faulty Vacuum leaks Boost solenoid Blocked injectors etc the list is endless and dont really help matters when its not throwing a code etc

Both times it’s done it no lights on dash , I do approx 15 motorway miles on my daily commute so gets a good run , the only thing I’ve noticed tonight if I hold the revs out of gear at about 2000 it fluctuates and it’s never done that b4 and there is a noise a bit like a valve opening and closing ?

Well , checked all the pipe work no obvious splits or cracks and there is no hissing noises from under the bonnet , took it for a spin and all seemed fine then all of a sudden I had no power it wasn’t limp mode as it would accelerate but almost as though the turbo wasn’t working ( got up to 60 eventually) so pulled in turned off restarted and it’s off like a rocket ?? Still no warning lights ?

Hmm been doing a bit of reading and everytime it mentions intercooler hose is a common fault on the insignia and removing for a full inspection etc some say they got access via the front bumper fog light removal way ?? Dont do much work on diesels personally im a pure petrol head but good luck on finding the problem etc

Yeah not sure how easy it is to get hold of a replacement but good luck and hope it solves your problems and if possible see if you can remove the egr if its easy to get to and give it a good clean out etc

If the boost hose was gone you would come up with a airflow fault plus you would hear a whooshing noise and you can see it split so I wouldn't buy a pipe if it's not that

Managed to get the inter cooler hose off gave it a clean and it’s fine no cracks or splits , looks fairly new to be honest ( I’ve had car 2 years ) so going to tackle the egr valve next got some cleaning fluid coming tomorrow, will let you know how that goes

I had something similar on a 05 plate Astra a few years back and that showed no faults till out of desperation took it to a Vauxhall dealer and put it on their Diagnostic machine and the outcome was a New ECU.I hope it isn't that, also I was told when I was researching the fault it could be a faulty accelerator pedal switch. or a earthing problem but I couldn't find anything on that info wise, hence the trip to the Dealer

Yeah its a major pain in the rear when no fault codes pop up for a clue as to the fault etc.
Sadly it could be a number of things and all you can do is a process of elimination if possible

Back