Version 6.1

zack

Hi this might sound a daft question to ask, i have h2h vm on woosh, everything is working great, i still have soft cam panel, i get a great picture, if i update to 6.2 will i lose the soft cam panel, and lose all the channels, i have a feeling i am going to have to do it at some point..If its not broke as they say, leave it alone..Was just wondering what i should do.

Leave it mate if not broke don’t fix!
A lot of things going off with atv so your more than likely cause more harm lol.
Don’t do any software updates also...
Some problems going off with wooshbuild at the minute I think also!!

Thanks pal , i was not going to do it, have update for 4.3 cam but not went near it, just you keep hearing most are on 6.3 and i am way behind, but you wont believe how good its working, losing sport bit of a bummer, was just thinking reading i think i am going to have to do it at some point....Thanks anyway.

some people will tell you not to up if its not broke dont fix it
then others will say update away

if you update you will be hit with problems
if you dont update you will still be hit with these problems at some stage. and you will be behind everyone and then your going to forums and asking questions and people are going thats a 6month old problem, and they have forgot about it.

its up to your self, keep your head in the sand if you want

Hi if i update to 6.2 will i lose soft cam panel, that looks a ball ache to fix, reading up on it..

yes you will but easy to fix, in the resources section above is the softcam 4.3 r4, use this to get your cams sorted

I never install updates
Tried it too many times and buggered the box up
It's easier to reflash two or three times a year, takes 25 mins each time instead of five minutes a day, every day for useless updates that do absolutely nothing

update/dont update it a personal choice up to a point, all builds need updating or reflashing at some point to keep them working to catch up with software changes, I personally prefer to be at the pointy end & update my every day or every other day. I only hit a problem when there has been a software change or a corrupt update but to be fair to ATV it been ages since I last saw/hit a corrupt update. If you build your own image you know how to correct any issues quickly or restore back if needed so it's not a big deal even If you need to start over. There appear to be two ways people look at updates: either update & keep up to date or do nothing until something breaks so its whatever works for you...each to their own.

The thing is , i have to admit my line is a cheap line, i have had them all dear ones cheap ones, and this is the best line i have ever had, the picture is 10/10, so do i update it and chance it, update to 6.2 or 6.3 and it goes belly up..Is it cause i am on 6.1 and it works great, but how long for..Maybe just maybe 6.1 is the best one out there, i am no techo but its going great..

why not cover yourself by making a complete backup/recovery backup then you can restore to how it was If you have difficulties setting backup, then place box on default skin (matrix) before performing an online flash to 6.2 (then 6.3 If you wish to be on the latest firmware)

yes you will but easy to fix, in the resources section above is the softcam 4.3 r4, use this to get your cams sorted

I thought this softcam feed is stil the patched cccam sky.de? which is what's causing problems for everyone wanting to use cccam for cable?

with the new secret feed the only ccccam and mgcam available are patched ones for sky.de therfore they will not work for anything else. This is a total fck up and the only way around it is for you to install oscam and set up your reader from your ccccam line.

This also then makes the import your line from Wooshbuild defunct which was one of the plus points from the build :-(

adam - when my softcam disappeared (upgraded to openatv 6.3) I downgraded my box to openatv 6.1 to get the softcam panel back : you can do it by an online flash

6.1 is out of date (2018), but it works just fine :)

Use open atv 6.3 and install your own plugins
Install oscam 11518 stable You can combined different severs in your reader
Set Oscam configuration under gobal to
The correct configuration Add 098cad to your
Oscam sever readers and you will have very
Stable vewing Thats what i done

Or better still dont use atv with all those problems and stick with openvix for the better boxes.
When boxes are old support stops and then i changed to atv on a vu solo and setup for freesat.
Having the resources on a link also helps others on atv.

Back